ADVERTISEMENT

If you would have told me in 2013 that

Cocky 45

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2019
Columbia, SC
Will Muschamp would be our next head football coach, I would have died of laughter! No way could that possibly happen! We are not stupid enough to hire that clown! Well it did, and it went exactly as you would expect.

When Muschamp was hired, many in the fanbase were rightly angry, "you hired a Florida reject and proven loser?" Yes but we were told that he was a defensive genius, had changed his ways from Florida where he only needed more time, and is a good recruiter and a good program builder, etc.

Here we are now, in year 4 of the Muschamp regime, 6 years ago we finished #4 in the country, and were fresh off our 3rd straight 11-2 season, now in 2019 we have hit rock bottom under "boom" and we will finish with 4 wins.

Who will we hire next, Derek Dooley? Jim McIlwain, Ron Zook? Butch Jones? Nothing would surprise me at this point after the Muschamp disaster, not a lot of hope heading into the 2020's.

Will Muschamp would be our next head football coach, I would have died of laughter! No way could that possibly happen! We are not stupid enough to hire that clown! Well it did, and it went exactly as you would expect.

When Muschamp was hired, many in the fanbase were rightly angry, "you hired a Florida reject and proven loser?" Yes but we were told that he was a defensive genius, had changed his ways from Florida where he only needed more time, and is a good recruiter and a good program builder, etc.

Here we are now, in year 4 of the Muschamp regime, 6 years ago we finished #4 in the country, and were fresh off our 3rd straight 11-2 season, now in 2019 we have hit rock bottom under "boom" and we will finish with 4 wins.

Who will we hire next, Derek Dooley? Jim McIlwain, Ron Zook? Butch Jones? Nothing would surprise me at this point after the Muschamp disaster, not a lot of hope heading into the 2020's.

Probably hire John L. Smith next

It would be Carolinas luck if he somehow got another head coaching gig down the road and ended up like Coach O at LSU

And to think, if Spurrier had left after 2013, or even 2014, we would have had our pick at the next HC.

That's the rub. Who is next? With the 6yr contract buildout, it's paramount to get it right. That's when hanging onto Muschamp in the interim makes a little more sense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT