ADVERTISEMENT

I'm as upset as anyone but bottom line...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to win a championship to mimic what champions do to get better. Besides, SOS has won several, even if not here, but we do not have an SEC-level, much less championship level staff.

nothing i can do, but it is a free board and available so i can voice my opinion....i am of the opinion that some fans are ok with the state of the program and i for one am not....if that's complaining, then so be it

I never said I was okay with anything. Just amusing after a lackluster win and a loss, folks are lining up to bash and complain. That helps nothing but is your choice.

Anyway, I'm sure after Ohio State lost to VA Tech last year, there fans were saying the same shit about UM. I wonder how that eventually played out?? You know, after the WHOLE season?

IF, we end 5-7, I would agree. Based on things I see and if they continue, I think we could easily end with that record. I also think a lot of the mistakes being made are fixable and we could still do 7-5 or even better. The season is not yet over and people are lining up to get on the ledge. At least let it play out first and then jump..

I don't think most are ready to jump. It's just tuff watching the same mistakes from last year knowing they could have been fixed then.

I never said I was okay with anything. Just amusing after a lackluster win and a loss, folks are lining up to bash and complain. That helps nothing but is your choice.

Anyway, I'm sure after Ohio State lost to VA Tech last year, there fans were saying the same shit about UM. I wonder how that eventually played out?? You know, after the WHOLE season?
ure seriously gonna make that comparison? sorry buddy, but were not ohio st, not even last years ohio st......no where did i bash our team....and i can promise you the season want turn out like ohio states did last year....wonder if im gonna be right???.....we can wait til the season is over to see if im right....get back to me around early december

Last edited:
ure seriously gonna make that comparison? sorry buddy, but were not ohio st, not even last years ohio st......no where did i bash our team....and i can promise you the season want turn out like ohio states did last year....wonder if im gonna be right???.....we can wait til the season is over to see if im right....get back to me around early december

Nowhere in my post did you see me say I thought our year would turn out the same as Ohio State's buddy.. Assumptions are for the ignorant.

As well, that is in part what I have tried to say if you take time to read my responses to others here.. We ain't Ohio State. We ain't SoCal. We ain't Michigan. We ain't Auburn. I know it stings but we can't afford to just drop Spurrier because we lost to KY, ESPECIALLY BEFORE we know how the season will turn out (see Ohio State reference).. And guess what, even those teams actually wait until the season ends and see if they end up with more L's than W's (see other post from me above citing examples of programs that actually waited until the coach produced losing seasons before getting rid of them).. A lot of ours were ready to send Spurrier packing after 7-5. Again, we ain't the above teams so be careful what you wish for..

Nowhere in my post did I say everything was top notch here and we were going to march to the Dance.. I'm not happy about last night either. And I don't give a shit if you're right or wrong about Ohio States season. Really? How old are we? It isn't The Gamecocks season so it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme.

Some members, and that just might include you, look like spoiled brats when you act like buffoons calling for changes like you actually have a say in it and/or know what you are talking about..

I don't think most are ready to jump. It's just tuff watching the same mistakes from last year knowing they could have been fixed then.

I understand and agree. A lot of these mistakes are fixable and I wish the staff would understand the urgency to get them fixed.. Which does give me hope..

There is a way to convey your frustration without bashing kids (see Connor Mitch thread) and overreacting and wanting coaches gone. Hell, at least let the season play out and see what we end up with.. If it's a loser and as Spurrier says, "we went bad", have at it. Call for his head. I might be amongst those doing so..

Agree. I understand It's a lot of money, time, and all around investment to follow a team and no one likes to lose. I'm pretty pissy having spent my whole Saturday and hundreds of dollars for gas, food, etc. and coming home at 2:30 am a loser. That ain't my style. Lol

But, when the time comes, and I've had enough, I will express my disdain to management who is in position to do something about it versus all of the employees. All that does is stir up the work force and cause more unnecessary problems that may not have been there in the first place.

Just my (2) pennies..
Unless you suited up for the game, you didn't come home "a loser", and if you can't associate with a team when it is a losing team, there's a team in the upstate that is a perennial national championship team you might should check out. I have been a Gamecock fan for 50 years, and if associating with a winning team was a requisite, I wouldn't be a Gamecock fan today. It's what makes winning that much better for me.

Reactions: IPOC369
Unless you suited up for the game, you didn't come home "a loser", and if you can't associate with a team when it is a losing team, there's a team in the upstate that is a perennial national championship team you might should check out. I have been a Gamecock fan for 50 years, and if associating with a winning team was a requisite, I wouldn't be a Gamecock fan today. It's what makes winning that much better for me.
Thanks for your insight Scuba but I'm not sure I follow?? I'm supposed to go be a Clemson fan because I don't think the sky is falling?? WTH?

And, despite what some others may say, of course I'm not a loser because USC lost. That was a essentially a simile. Or metaphor. Doesn't really matter but I do appreciate your affirmation that I'm not a loser because I didn't suit up. My family will finally be proud. Lol.

Nowhere in my post did you see me say I thought our year would turn out the same as Ohio State's buddy.. Assumptions are for the ignorant.

As well, that is in part what I have tried to say if you take time to read my responses to others here.. We ain't Ohio State. We ain't SoCal. We ain't Michigan. We ain't Auburn. I know it stings but we can't afford to just drop Spurrier because we lost to KY, ESPECIALLY BEFORE we know how the season will turn out (see Ohio State reference).. And guess what, even those teams actually wait until the season ends and see if they end up with more L's than W's (see other post from me above citing examples of programs that actually waited until the coach produced losing seasons before getting rid of them).. A lot of ours were ready to send Spurrier packing after 7-5. Again, we ain't the above teams so be careful what you wish for..

Nowhere in my post did I say everything was top notch here and we were going to march to the Dance.. I'm not happy about last night either. And I don't give a shit if you're right or wrong about Ohio States season. Really? How old are we? It isn't The Gamecocks season so it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme.

Some members, and that just might include you, look like spoiled brats when you act like buffoons calling for changes like you actually have a say in it and/or know what you are talking about..
you dont like my opinion and thats fine, but you want to start calling people names, so ill just respond in kind...... to compare osu to what were going thru is stupid and yeah u did.......everyone on here has a right to their opinion, even you unfortunately......ure the one that responded to my post, so i responded back...i have no reason to read any of your posts to others....i got better things to do ...fyi, this has nothing to do with one game....this a culmination of many games...i sat thru last nights game in the east upper and stayed til the clock hit zero....i have more vested in this university than ull ever know, so yeah i have a right to complain and i do have a say, i am familiar with the game of football and reading your comments i can tell youre not....if you dont like what i think, then tuff shit....you obviously are not openminded to anyone elses opinions, thus the name calling...how much football do you actually follow.....make it all the way to "the dance"?....no one that follows football would call it the dance....oh wait, theres one....theres an ignore button why dont you use it

Last edited:
you dont like my opinion and thats fine, but you want to start calling people names, so ill just respond in kind...... to compare osu to what were going thru is stupid and yeah u did.......everyone on here has a right to their opinion, even you unfortunately......ure the one that responded to my post, so i responded back...i have no reason to read any of your posts to others....i got better things to do ...fyi, this has nothing to do with one game....this a culmination of many games...i sat thru last nights game in the east upper and stayed til the clock hit zero....i have more vested in this university than ull ever know, so yeah i have a right to complain and i do have a say, i am familiar with the game of football and reading your comments i can tell youre not....if you dont like what i think, then tuff shit....you obviously are not openminded to anyone elses opinions, thus the name calling...how much football do you actually follow.....make it all the way to "the dance"?....no one that follows football would call it the dance....oh wait, theres one....theres an ignore button why dont you use it

I think you have issues with reading.. I fail to see where I specifically called you a "name". I said assumptions are for the ignorant and I said people were acting like buffoons and spoiled brats but I don't recall calling you any names.. By saying that it "just might" be you isn't saying you are or aren't. I don't know you and I don't make assumptions.. You sir seem to do so however.. You do have every right to complain as I have every right to respond saying that you complainers are misguided. Then you have the right to perpetuate the stupidity by continuing to respond..

I was there as well. In the west lower. I stayed til 0. I didn't leave the parking lot until after 11:30. Who cares? That doesn't make you anymore of a fan than me, nor does it mean you know football anymore than me. Back to those assumptions for you, huh? Also, assumes I'm not open minded because I don't share your opinion. You're on a roll with those assumptions.

And as for following football, so you don't make anymore assumptions as to my knowledge, I started playing at 8 and played thru High School. I was a (3) sport letterman in High School (football, track and baseball) and chose to continue my career in baseball and played all the way to minor league ball so I know plenty of sports .. As well, I know the "dance" is said when referring to basketball but I don't think they have the patent on it and just like your opinion, I can use it wherever the hell I like and you are welcome to get over it :).

I don't use the ignore button. Mainly because I enjoy responding to people that have nothing better to do than to argue with me :)

Thanks for your insight Scuba but I'm not sure I follow?? I'm supposed to go be a Clemson fan because I don't think the sky is falling?? WTH?

And, despite what some others may say, of course I'm not a loser because USC lost. That was a essentially a simile. Or metaphor. Doesn't really matter but I do appreciate your affirmation that I'm not a loser because I didn't suit up. My family will finally be proud. Lol.
Sorry if I misinterpreted your post. I missed the part where you didn't think the sky was falling. I took it the other way. Again, sorry!

Steve Spurrier isn't going anywhere so posts calling for his departure are silly. I mean if it makes you feel better to vent that wish then go ahead. You are paying for the right to voice an opinion. But understand it's not going to happen and no one is going to take such statements seriously.

2ndly, the best outcome we can hope for is that Spurrier gets uncomfortable enough, unhappy enough, embarrassed enough (whatever it takes) to turn our program around.

3rdly, the best action we as fans can take is to support our program. Support them with our actions by continuing to go to games and by what we say to our non-Carolina friends.

I believe we are at an important point in our program. All of us long time fans know what it is like to for a 6 win season to be a success. We used to be okay with that. We aren't anymore and that is a great accomplishment. We have definitely taken a step back last year and seemingly this one. But with hard work from our coaches and players, and the continued support of our fan base, we will regain what we seemed to have lost. I truly believe that. And finally, every morning we are blessed to wake up, we will wake up as Carolina fans. FOREVER TO THEE!

Clemson fan here, but I think of myself as fair and honest. It is frustrating to lose a game you know you should have won, trust me, I know that all too well and it always takes me about to Wednesday to get over it. But I don't think there is reason for panic just yet. UK is a solid team. Similar to Wake beating us 45-10 in 2003. They were regarded as a perennial doormat but silently put together a solid team...took a lot of teams by surprise and even won an ACC title. But that aside, there is a lot of football to be played starting Saturday. The bright side is 1) SC always plays UGA tight, especially in Athens. A win here could be massive momentum heading into UCF and Mizz. who are both beatable. 2) I think you are in good hands with Orth, even as a walk on. He had no problem moving down field, just could not capitalize. 3) and the defense...if they play 4 qtrs this week like they have played the last half of the last two games...who knows. After that devastating loss to Wake, the season and Bowden's tenure seemed to be over then we beat #3 FSU soundly, which kept Bowden around longer

As for Spurrier, I have long thought this would be his last season, despite the outcome. I just think the game has worn him down, but he is a competitor and wants to complete what he came for. Age-wise, he's just running out of time. That being said, I am sure Tanner has a fresh list of candidates in his front pocket. I don't know who, but SC is an attractive job...the SEC, great facilities and passionate support from the fans and administration.

Reactions: mbsurfside
Sorry if I misinterpreted your post. I missed the part where you didn't think the sky was falling. I took it the other way. Again, sorry!
All good brother.. I was trying to empathize with some of the posters on here who do think the sky is falling. I was just saying I don't like to lose either and could feel their pain.. But, I don't think the sky is falling and don't want to get rid of Spurrier because of the winning season last season (albeit not the winner we wanted) and the (1) loss this year. My point was to let the season play out before jumping the gun and if he produces a loser, jump on him then..

But of course, I aint going to pull for Clemson :)

Reactions: Scuba_do
What exactly does he have coming back next year? Not sure why next year will be better than this one.

Orth - gone
Cooper - gone I'd guess
Adams - gone
Wilds- gone

That's scary. Who in the world is going to step into those spots. Hopefully we will have some skill players step up by the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT