ADVERTISEMENT

I'm blaming it on them spurrier banners

Only if you say Deke, Ward, and Junior put them up there....then I would say the blame for the program is on them. Not because they hung the banner but just because it links them to yet the real cause of most of our problems.

Everyone here criticizes Dabo for his "Look at ME" antics, but nothing that moron ever did compares to that obnoxious joke Spurrier allowed to be placed on the side of our stadium. It is embarrassing and shows a certain lack of taste to put it nicely.

Everyone here criticizes Dabo for his "Look at ME" antics, but nothing that moron ever did compares to that obnoxious joke Spurrier allowed to be placed on the side of our stadium. It is embarrassing and shows a certain lack of taste to put it nicely.
Well...in his defense, he didn't want it put up. He said so before it was put up and said it after.....

No single person affiliated with the current team should ever be on that banner. George? Marcus? Clowney? Jo Mo? Fine... But I'd prefer the school's seal.

Reactions: gamecock ed
No single person affiliated with the current team should ever be on that banner. George? Marcus? Clowney? Jo Mo? Fine... But I'd prefer the school's seal.

Really, you want Clowney poster up there? The guy who phoned in his entire junior campaign, the guy who took plays off...

If you really want a player there then Put M. Latt the guy who was an exemplary Gamecock with his dedication and devotion, the guy who never took plays off, the guy who went in flames playing for his team. That's the guy you want a banner of.

Really, you want Clowney poster up there? The guy who phoned in his entire junior campaign, the guy who took plays off...

If you really want a player there then Put M. Latt the guy who was an exemplary Gamecock with his dedication and devotion, the guy who never took plays off, the guy who went in flames playing for his team. That's the guy you want a banner of.

I think you meant "went down in flames" in your not-so-subtle back-handed compliment of a player y'all claim we "ran to death" during his career, thus causing his injuries. Btw, that often used line from taternet has been blown out of the water abt a thousand times. Latti averaged 19 carries a game at Carolina....that's a fact.

I lit-trally saw them starting the install of that banner the Saturday before aTm because we were headed to HHI, and I thought why not head by the stadium since we have a game in a few days? Anyway, I swear it has been a bad omen, or something unexplainable. And, I'm definitely not for deifying anyone that hasn't at least won a championship of some kind, and preferably not while they're still here. I have seen that he never wanted it but I'll be damned if USC didn't just do it anyway. We do some tacky stuff, you can't deny that. Maybe it was at that point he decided, they will never fire me unless I kill someone, so let's just see how these next few seasons play out.

If you must have a banner, I think it would be nice if it was a montage of our (almost) 125 seasons. Despite what the average Tater says, there are a ton of great pics, players, and coaches who are the history of this program. And that's it in a nutshell, the banner says, SOS, you ARE bigger that the entire program....don't ever leave us!

Oh well, this horse is beyond dead to me. I'm going to go to games just to have fun at this point, just like when I got here in '92. Funny enough, despite the early season problems with that team, the team once Taneyhill took over would roll '15 about as bad as UGA did. Who besides Skai would even attempt to tackle Bennett? I'd still take Brandon over any RB on USC or UGA's current roster.

Taters have been playing that fiddle since Marcus got hurt the first time, and really, they couldn't care less, they just like to say I told you so. He did run significantly less in 2012, and in football, it only takes one play. Even a play where you didn't get the ball. More than a few on Tiguhnet have loved to mention and/or post that Greg Reid hit in the past as well.

Now imo, the Rogers statue is okay a) because he's been gone for years, and b) you can't see it from space.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT