ADVERTISEMENT

I'm calling out Muschamp here to make major moves

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
If you want to be a great coach and start beating rank teams like Kentucky, TAM, Florida and Clemson...

Fire your coaches!!! Start with Travaris Robinson, Mike Peterson, Lance Thompson, Jeff Dillman, Mark Campbell, Corey Miller, John Griffin...

Bring back Brad Lawing, Shane Beamer, Craig Fitzgerald and work with Ellis Johnson to build a defensive staff for your team next year or kick your head coaching gig at South Carolina good bye....

Tanner!! Open the wallet and bring in quality defensive coaches.... After 3 full years of Travaris Robinson has been a has been a disaster!!!

Ok honest question ... if the offense was as terrible as this defense has been in the last three years and Muschamp didn’t make a change what would happen ?? This is one of the WORST defenses in Program history 3 years in . Even without the injuries they were giving up mountains of yardage earlier in the year . Last night was a microcosm of the entire .

Reactions: jbouton
Boy, that would really help stop the injury epidemic we have experienced. Maybe we can get Venables after Dabo fires him this week.

Jeff Dillman is in his third year in Columbia guiding the strength and conditioning program for South Carolina Football. Dillman was named Director of Football Strength and Conditioning on December 14, 2015.

Travaris Robinson was one of the first hires made by head coach Will Muschamp when he began assembling his first coaching staff at South Carolina. Now in his third season in Columbia, Robinson serves as the Gamecocks’ defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach.

Lance Thompson begins his third year in Columbia. Head football coach Will Muschamp named Thompson as the Gamecocks’ assistant head coach of defense and defensive line coach on December 31, 2015.

I feel your pain 3rd base, but I think it’s more to do with personnel and injuries with the personnel issues being addressed in recruiting. As for the injuries, it does make you wonder what is going on. Is It conditioning? Is It players not knowing proper technique to protect themselves? Is an offense that can’t control clock resulting in the defense being on the field too long? Is It the way we practice? Seemed like we had a player go down on every defensive series last night

Ok honest question ... if the offense was as terrible as this defense has been in the last three years and Muschamp didn’t make a change what would happen ?? This is one of the WORST defenses in Program history 3 years in . Even without the injuries they were giving up mountains of yardage earlier in the year . Last night was a microcosm of the entire .

He fired Roper a Dope and brought in Dan Werner, which staring to pay off in the 2nd half of TAM....

I feel your pain 3rd base, but I think it’s more to do with personnel and injuries with the personnel issues being addressed in recruiting. As for the injuries, it does make you wonder what is going on. Is It conditioning? Is It players not knowing proper technique to protect themselves? Is an offense that can’t control clock resulting in the defense being on the field too long? Is It the way we practice? Seemed like we had a player go down on every defensive series last night

We had these 3 coaches for 3 years and have not built up the defense...

Can't stop the run and pass, never been 2 deep or 3 deep...

Under Roper a Dope, at least we worked on bring in lineman on offense...

We had these 3 coaches for 3 years and have not built up the defense...
Not saying our defense would be great this year without the injuries, but you can’t just dismiss the fact that the coaches are trying to compete with freshman and walkons against the #2 team in the country. We lost Wonnum, BAW, Sterling, jam, Thompson, Fennell, Ibe, Harvey, Dickerson, Horn, Enagbare. While there’s probably a few more I forgot defensively, that’s at least 2 starters at every defensive position. Don’t think buddy Ryan could do much better with the healthy personnel we have right now

The injuries are big but every team has injuries. What is concerning is in every game this year I see our guys going down on every other play and not seeing it on the other side . We blamed the bad field conditions at Ole Miss but they had maybe one guy to our 4 go down . Against UF we had guys laying all over the field and don’t think I saw a single Gator leave the field . That’s a red flag . Don’t have an answer .

As for the coaches you want to bring in, I assume you have first hand knowledge that they want to be here? Of all the ones you mentioned, I think maybe Lawing does want to be at USC. I'm not sure of anything, but if you listen to the Fade In Podcast with Erik Kimrey, he seems to live around here again and doesn't currently have a job. It would not be a surprise to hear he was being courted.

Reactions: jawdropper
As for the coaches you want to bring in, I assume you have first hand knowledge that they want to be here? Of all the ones you mentioned, I think maybe Lawing does want to be at USC. I'm not sure of anything, but if you listen to the Fade In Podcast with Erik Kimrey, he seems to live around here again and doesn't currently have a job. It would not be a surprise to hear he was being courted.

There is no doubt in my mind, after talking to Coach Lawing himself, that he wouldn’t throw his FSU attire away and put on the Garnet and Black if asked to do so. He respects what Muschamp is building and is ready to coach again. (This is not a quote from him but to me an obvious assumption)

Reactions: TheReelEss

But weren’t the guys last night recruited by Muschamp?
If they aren’t. At the least they are upperclassmen who have been in his system for three years.
If they are freshmen. This was the 11th game. With 4 months of practice at the least.

And if bringing recruits in is the answer. How long will it take? Because at the end of this season the guys who have either been signed by the current staff. Or coached by the current staff. Looked lost.
As a Gamecock fan I have saw several 2nd and third team defenses late in the game. I don’t remember them getting dragged every time. Pushed backwards on every play.
I’m just a fan. Don’t know what needs to be done. I don’t get paid the money to make that decision. But something’s missing here.

If they aren’t. At the least they are upperclassmen who have been in his system for three years.
If they are freshmen. This was the 11th game. With 4 months of practice at the least.

And if bringing recruits in is the answer. How long will it take? Because at the end of this season the guys who have either been signed by the current staff. Or coached by the current staff. Looked lost.
As a Gamecock fan I have saw several 2nd and third team defenses late in the game. I don’t remember them getting dragged every time. Pushed backwards on every play.
I’m just a fan. Don’t know what needs to be done. I don’t get paid the money to make that decision. But something’s missing here.
Obviously. A bunch of starters due to injury are missing. We should beat Akron and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for an acc opponent in the bowl game. 8 wins with all the injuries this year should be considered a great coaching job this year

There's no doubt the defense is in shambles from a personnel standpoint.

However, far too often you see guys in position who simply aren't following fundamentals to make a tackle and/or don't have the strength/power to do it.

That's what is a bit alarming IMO - especially given the fact that's why they went with Muschamp.

Reactions: SouthCarolinagal

Exactly . Clemson was starting a true freshman QB . He’s been in the system .. about 8 months . He looked pretty good . Those inexperienced Sophmore and Freshman RB’s and WR’s for Clemson seemed OK . Hmmm... Bama won a championship with a freshman QB throwing to a freshman WR with a Freshman RB grinding out yardage not to mention two freshman on the OL. Must just be luck because Stars don’t matter right ??

He wants any and all coaches fired. Its his MO.
OP bitches about anything.....Muschamp could make these moves and you'd still complain because that's who YOU are.
What a moronic post! If we can stay healthy we will be fine! Are you a tater?

I guess you enjoyed losing to Clemson 5 years in a row... by the scores of 35-17, Spurrier's last Clemson game, 37-32 under Shawn Elliott (BTW, not a bad game called by Elliott); 56-7 Muschamp's First Clemson game, 34-10 Muschamp's second Clemson game, and 56-35 Muschamp's third Clemson game...

Enjoy the Clemson loss, if we don't make major changes to our strength and conditioning coaches and defensive coaches, we may never see a Clemson win under Muschamp ever!!!

And next year isn't looking any better...

I guess you enjoyed losing to Clemson 5 years in a row... by the scores of 35-17, Spurrier's last Clemson game, 37-32 under Shawn Elliott (BTW, not a bad game called by Elliott); 56-7 Muschamp's First Clemson game, 34-10 Muschamp's second Clemson game, and 56-35 Muschamp's third Clemson game...

Enjoy the Clemson loss, if we don't make major changes to our strength and conditioning coaches and defensive coaches, we may never see a Clemson win under Muschamp ever!!!

And next year isn't looking any better...
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If I were to make any changes to the defensive coaching staff, it'd be this.....fire Hutzler, move LT to LB coach, and hire Lawing to coach the DL. LT is a very good LB coach, T-Rob is the same as a secondary coach, and we all know what Lawing can do with a DL. Small, but effective changes and use the skills you already have on staff.

On another note, the BMac promotion that has been so criticized is beginning to look like a stroke of genius.

Enjoy the loss... More to come against Clemson...
Dude, you look stupid calling for the strength coach to get fired like he has something to do with those injuries. You do know he is the same guy who conditions the offense and that massive Oline right who whipped Clemsons dline all night right? If you dont think having 9 players out against them killed us then I cant help you but you dont know jack squat about football.

Dude, you look stupid calling for the strength coach to get fired like he has something to do with those injuries. You do know he is the same guy who conditions the offense and that massive Oline right who whipped Clemsons dline all night right? If you dont think having 9 players out against them killed us then I cant help you but you dont know jack squat about football.

The strength coach has everything to do with injuries and we do have injuries on the offensive area too... Not only this year, but the last couple of years...

I think there must be some sort of question about either coaching or strength and conditioning, because muschamp had this exact same problem at Florida. Perhaps he goes too much full contact practice while a lot of other teams don't take people to the ground during practices. It may just be that our guys are getting to beaten up at practice throughout the year to survive a full SEC schedule. It does seem that this injury bug has followed muschamp from Florida and now to Carolina every single season. I don't know what the cause is though. like I said it could be that we're beating ourselves up at practice too much so that the guys never really get healthy before games, or it could be due to lack of flexibility or strength training. I remember early in the season watching one of the videos of the intent the players talking about how Dillman wouldn't let them go over 415 lb on bench press. To me that seems problematic when you have a 300-pound defensive lineman coming at you full speed. The inertia of that lineman hitting our offensive linemen would be far more than 415 pounds so why would you limit a player to that amount of weight in the weight room if they could go above that? If you're using proper technique in the weight room then you generally don't have to worry too much about weight room injuries.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I think there must be some sort of question about either coaching or strength and conditioning, because muschamp had this exact same problem at Florida. Perhaps he goes too much full contact practice while a lot of other teams don't take people to the ground during practices. It may just be that our guys are getting to beaten up at practice throughout the year to survive a full SEC schedule. It does seem that this injury bug has followed muschamp from Florida and now to Carolina every single season. I don't know what the cause is though. like I said it could be that we're beating ourselves up at practice too much so that the guys never really get healthy before games, or it could be due to lack of flexibility or strength training. I remember early in the season watching one of the videos of the intent the players talking about how Dillman wouldn't let them go over 415 lb on bench press. To me that seems problematic when you have a 300-pound defensive lineman coming at you full speed. The inertia of that lineman hitting our offensive linemen would be far more than 415 pounds so why would you limit a player to that amount of weight in the weight room if they could go above that? If you're using proper technique in the weight room then you generally don't have to worry too much about weight room injuries.
One year at UF on the offensive side. One year here on the defensive side. Other than those two, our imjury situation is no different than any other team.

The strength coach has everything to do with injuries and we do have injuries on the offensive area too... Not only this year, but the last couple of years...
I'm not convinced you know what a strength coach does ,again, you can't strengthen bones, ligaments, ankles, heads, knees, shoulders etc. how plain can that be? When you see your team sucking air in the 3rd quarter (like 2015) than address the conditioning issue but our players don't do that. That's like saying Marcus's injury was due to conditioning. Actually, I'd reevaluate if the shoes and cleats play a part before I'd question what shape the team is in. They work out year round so physical conditioning is not an issue. Sometimes &#@ just happens. IMO

There's no doubt the defense is in shambles from a personnel standpoint.

However, far too often you see guys in position who simply aren't following fundamentals to make a tackle and/or don't have the strength/power to do it.

That's what is a bit alarming IMO - especially given the fact that's why they went with Muschamp.
That's why they were practice squad and not starters but look at the bright side...they can only improve...lol

What a moronic post! If we can stay healthy we will be fine! Are you a tater?
We always have the Fire'm Crowd". That always solves the problems for some. These guys are solid recruiters and they are building up the program. Pickens and the Tn. kid are solid prospects on D and an upgrade.Fire all the coaches you named and we lose quality recruits. These coaches have made inroads in HS and starting over does not make sense to me.

Reactions: JOEFANATIC
If you want to be a great coach and start beating rank teams like Kentucky, TAM, Florida and Clemson...

Fire your coaches!!! Start with Travaris Robinson, Mike Peterson, Lance Thompson, Jeff Dillman, Mark Campbell, Corey Miller, John Griffin...

Bring back Brad Lawing, Shane Beamer, Craig Fitzgerald and work with Ellis Johnson to build a defensive staff for your team next year or kick your head coaching gig at South Carolina good bye....

Tanner!! Open the wallet and bring in quality defensive coaches.... After 3 full years of Travaris Robinson has been a has been a disaster!!!
you are a dolt

you are tedious

give it a rest

please

So the OP is calling our Muschamp to make major changes. Is he inferring that CWM answers to him. And, if he does not heed those words what pray tell are the repercussions for CWM's insolence.

I'm not convinced you know what a strength coach does ,again, you can't strengthen bones, ligaments, ankles, heads, knees, shoulders etc. how plain can that be? When you see your team sucking air in the 3rd quarter (like 2015) than address the conditioning issue but our players don't do that. That's like saying Marcus's injury was due to conditioning. Actually, I'd reevaluate if the shoes and cleats play a part before I'd question what shape the team is in. They work out year round so physical conditioning is not an issue. Sometimes &#@ just happens. IMO

When you’re tired, you don’t play well and don’t think clearly, you tend to get hurt hitting players with your shoulder instead of having proper tackling technique....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT