ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not criticizing anyone. Just not impressed with the "Hurry Up" offense

Feb 15, 2018
Never was, never will be. It's just the latest fad all "The Kids" are doing. And we don't even do it very well. Hide and watch, one of these days, we're gonna lose the ball and a game because of this silliness.

Every single time we play someone that tries that junk, we beat 'em.

It was working great in the first half. We just don't stick with what's working and are scared to keep the pedal to the metal. We really have no identity of what kind of offensive team we are.

Still puts too much pressure on our defense- regardless of whether it works or not. We simply don’t have the adequate numbers or personnel to get our D through an entire game running this offensive scheme. Always turns into a track meet. By the 4th qtr, we’re spent and couldn’t stop a pop Warner team, due to being on the field too long.

Reactions: The Garnet Baron
Still puts too much pressure on our defense- regardless of whether it works or not. We simply don’t have the adequate numbers or personnel to get our D through an entire game running this offensive scheme. Always turns into a track meet. By the 4th qtr, we’re spent and couldn’t stop a pop Warner team, due to being on the field too long.

You are on the money. I don't think anyone would/could argue that we have sufficient depth on defense. And yet, instead of attempting to control the clock, time of possession and giving our defense a blow, we want to speed things up? Remember also, we're playing nooners, in the deep South, as well..

Just saying that, I'm not impressed with the Hurry Up.

Reactions: TRUEGARNET
It is a two headed monster. It puts the defense in a situation where you can't sub and are quite predictable in how you play certain formations. But you have to move the chains. If you don't, the defense gets worn down. I think that was half of the problem in the defense not being able to stop anything in the fourth quarter today.

Reactions: TRUEGARNET
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT