ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not getting ahead of myself, but I think we can win 8 games easily...

world famous 3rd base hecklers

Sep 25, 2011
With win over UNCarolina in the bowl game and great players coming in from the transfer portal and the new recruits we're signing out of High School... I'm ready for the season to start tomorrow...

Like the OP, I don't want to get ahead, but this is the first time in years I am hopeful for a good season. We should be decent on D and if we can get consistently good Oline play 8+ seems a very reasonable expectation. That early Arkansas game will be a stout test.

The schedule:

Georgia State
Arkansas
Georgia
Charlotte
SC State
Kentucky
A&M
Missouri
Vandy
Florida
Tenn
Clemson

3 ooc patsies and vandy make 4 the floor.

Losses to a&m, Clemson and uga make 9 the top.

The middle games are ark, Missouri, kentucky, Florida and tenn.

I think it will be hard to win 4 of those.

The schedule:

Georgia State
Arkansas
Georgia
Charlotte
SC State
Kentucky
A&M
Missouri
Vandy
Florida
Tenn
Clemson

I agree win three of those and it’s a 7 win regular season. Maybe we catch Kentucky and win 8. Bowl win would be nice to make 9

I just want to improve from this past season. I’ll gladly take 7 regular season wins and I’ll GLADLY take being wrong and winning more. Life is good - Peace!

The schedule:

Georgia State
Arkansas
Georgia
Charlotte
SC State
Kentucky
A&M
Missouri
Vandy
Florida
Tenn
Clemson

I'm not sure Clemson is insurmountable unless the incoming QB is a hell of an upgrade day one.

Two losses! UGA and a take your choice slip up. No worry with Clem, they are going down and we'll have our annual upset win!

Heck, we won 7 games this year with a QB by a banged-up committee. I don't have a hard time seeing 8 wins as a possibility with a future NFLer at that position.

I think we will he MUCH better next year, but I won't make a prediction about our win total. It's hard enough to predict how good our own team will be, but it's even harder to predict how good our 12 opponents will be. There will be a number of surprises on that schedule, some good and some bad for us.

Heck, we won 7 games this year with a QB by a banged-up committee. I don't have a hard time seeing 8 wins as a possibility with a future NFLer at that position.

I think we will he MUCH better next year, but I won't make a prediction about our win total. It's hard enough to predict how good our own team will be, but it's even harder to predict how good our 12 opponents will be. There will be a number of surprises on that schedule, some good and some bad for us.

We have a heisman caliber QB coming in next year. If we are really improved next year, 8 wins feels like the floor.

Almost would be disappointing not to get one upset and get to 9.

We have a heisman caliber QB coming in next year. If we are really improved next year, 8 wins feels like the floor.

Almost would be disappointing not to get one upset and get to 9.
He still really needs another WR to step up. We have a load of guys that have the physical tools like Powers, Joyner and Leggett, but all but Powers are overdue on breaking out and I'm starting to worry it won't happen. Leggett reminds me of Roland, both when he flashes and when he doesn't. I don't wanna sound like I'm bad mouthing the kids, I believe in and support them but I've thought they'd all show out by now. If Dak's confidence boost fuels him we'll have all of our tools. In lieu of these guys, we need a big Freshman year from Samson or a big time transfer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT