ADVERTISEMENT

I'm shy about even posting this. I think our only chance to beat Clemson

Oct 18, 2019
is continual use of trick & gimmick plays, from start to finish. Hook & Ladders, unbalanced lines, Dak (if he can play) at QB, where he pitches back and becomes a receiver, tackle eligible plays, fake punts, fake field goal attempts, on-side kickoff to start the game, center,1 lineman & QB on one side of the field, every body else on the other side type line ups, a fumble-rooski type play, etc.

Here me out, please. First and foremost, we have NOTHING to lose, by trying. 66 combined yards rushing, the past 2 weeks, demonstrates running the ball is not the answer. We have young and roughed up QB's, and our offense is less than vanilla. We have two weeks to come up with a totally freaked out offensive game plan that Clemson can not possibly be prepared for. Nothing else has worked. We are already facing a 30+ point blowout and it could be worse, much worse.

Never been a trick play fan, never suggested anything as stupid as this before but, when all other options have been eliminated, what remains is the only logical answer.

Last edited:
Better question is; why would we want to beat them. Beating them only ensures that Muschamp and Tanner are here next year, (or longer). Let's take our beating and maybe, just maybe, someone will do the right thing and at least get rid of Muschamp.

The problem with you game plan is that after you run 2-3 trick plays then it no longer has the surprise element.
I can see the staff inserting several trick plays for Clemson since at this point, realistically speaking that may be the only way to bust open a couple of big plays.

is continual use of trick & gimmick plays, from start to finish. Hook & Ladders, unbalanced lines, Dak (if he can play) at QB, where he pitches back and becomes a receiver, tackle eligible plays, fake punts, fake field goal attempts, on-side kickoff to start the game, center,1 lineman & QB on one side of the field, every body else on the other side type line ups, a fumble-rooski type play, etc.

Here me out, please. First and foremost, we have NOTHING to lose, by trying. 66 combined yards rushing, the past 2 weeks, demonstrates running the ball is not the answer. We have young and roughed up QB's, and our offense is less than vanilla. We have two weeks to come up with a totally freaked out offensive game plan that Clemson can not possibly be prepared for. Nothing else has worked. We are already facing a 30+ point blowout and it could be worse, much worse.

Never been a trick play fan, never suggested anything as stupid as this before but, when all other options have been eliminated, what remains is the only logical answer.
Oh, for a minute there, I thought you were referring to the rival blood drive.

Reactions: NetworkX
Was thinking similar strategy. MN Vikings went into Dallas last week with a lot of stunts, e.g. oline, WRs, QB all shift right, RB sneaks left and is open for a screen with 20 yards after catch. They mixed up these stunts with a lot of power running through the middle, with FB blocking ahead of Dalvin Cook. Their schemes worked really well against what I consider a slightly more talented defense.

CU is very talented and fast, so we'd have to execute well. I also agree we have nothing to lose.

Sadly, I think CWM is intentionally losing some of these games. His game time decision making is irrational/terrible depending on how you look at it. I think he's ready/hoping to ride off into the sunset and maybe get a TV job. Just speculation, I claim no inside info.

Is no chance a chance?

You give this staff way too much credit. We will run the same predictable plays we have used all season, we will lose in an absolutely miserable effort, and those knuckleheads will collect their paychecks just the same.

Was thinking similar strategy. MN Vikings went into Dallas last week with a lot of stunts, e.g. oline, WRs, QB all shift right, RB sneaks left and is open for a screen with 20 yards after catch. They mixed up these stunts with a lot of power running through the middle, with FB blocking ahead of Dalvin Cook. Their schemes worked really well against what I consider a slightly more talented defense.

CU is very talented and fast, so we'd have to execute well. I also agree we have nothing to lose.

Sadly, I think CWM is intentionally losing some of these games. His game time decision making is irrational/terrible depending on how you look at it. I think he's ready/hoping to ride off into the sunset and maybe get a TV job. Just speculation, I claim no inside info.
Ride off into the sunset maybe, but he has zero chance of landing a TV job. He doesn’t have the personality to fit that position

I was thinking the same thing and all them ESPN commercials he does look aweful chummy with them 2 boys in that truck. $20 M sure will get him a bunch of that fancy makeup them tv guys put on.

Best trick play I know muschamp and B-mac disappears never to be seen again in the first few minutes of the shit show that’s about to take place.

Didn't read it. We have no shot.

Better question is; why would we want to beat them. Beating them only ensures that Muschamp and Tanner are here next year, (or longer). Let's take our beating and maybe, just maybe, someone will do the right thing and at least get rid of Muschamp.
if it ruins their post season dreams, i’ll take muschamp and tanner back for one more year. this is just another page in the book of gamecock. but to destroy the entire season of clemson’s efforts to get another natty, well that could write a book on its own. and i wouldn’t have to deal with smug f**ks for the rest of the year. our last goal! WIN THE STATE!!! god damnit

The problem with you game plan is that after you run 2-3 trick plays then it no longer has the surprise element.
I can see the staff inserting several trick plays for Clemson since at this point, realistically speaking that may be the only way to bust open a couple of big plays.
honestly tho, any wrinkles installed at this point should be considered a trick play. unfortunately. if we lined up under center with a fullback and ran a sweep, trick play.

I am hoping that 63-17 is made to look like a walk in the park compared to whatever happens Saturday. I believe in shooting hobbled animals......we need to be shot in the head to put us out of our misery.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT