ADVERTISEMENT

In Sep 2018, Arkansas lost to North Texas 44-17. Today, they are moving into the Top 10

Mr CockStrong

Jan 2, 2009
That team was coached by Chad Morris. This team is led by head coach Sam Pittman is in his 2nd season. Pitman came from Georgia where he was Assistant Head Coach in charge of the offensive line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Pittman

Maybe its because I live in Texas that this is interesting to me, but Arkansas has come a LONG way in just three short years.

Last edited:
First thing he did was hire an all-star trio of coordinators (offensive, defensive and special teams). Their recruiting hasn't been spectacular, but they are developing players and team chemistry.

I don't think anyone believes they'll finish in the Top 10, but they are so much better in a short amount of time.

The Longhorns were surprised at how good they are. We were honestly looking past them to conference play.

Muschamp went 9-4 his 2nd year. I will bump all these "Arkansas gets it" posts in a couple of years

Reactions: TAV31
Muschamp went 9-4 his 2nd year. I will bump all these "Arkansas gets it" posts in a couple of years
Pittman has some really good coordinators, sort of like Orgeron did at LSU when he won. But those guys leave for head coaching jobs or the NFL and suddenly you aren't so great a coach.

The trenches are where games are won. One day we may realize this.
Of course games are won in the trenches..

Kind of tough to credit Pittman for developing trenches on both sides of the ball when his depth chart is full of Jrs, Sr’s, and redshirt Sr’s. He’s only in his second season.

Pittman has some really good coordinators, sort of like Orgeron did at LSU when he won. But those guys leave for head coaching jobs or the NFL and suddenly you aren't so great a coach.

You just described our conundrum with Shane. Even if he finds home run coordinators, you have to regularly retain/replace them. That’s what happens when the head ball coach can’t call plays.

Reactions: DeBoer31
That team was coached by Chad Morris. This team is led by head coach Sam Pittman is in his 2nd season. Pitman came from Georgia where he as Assistant Head Coach in charge of the offensive line.

Maybe its because I live in Texas that this is interesting to me, but Arkansas has come a LONG way in just three short years.
It's also interesting to me. This guy might have the "it" factor.

Of course games are won in the trenches..

Kind of tough to credit Pittman for developing trenches on both sides of the ball when his depth chart is full of Jrs, Sr’s, and redshirt Sr’s. He’s only in his second season.

No, not really. Say what you want, he has done what’s needed to create that development on the O-line and the environment overall.

There’s no better coach of the defensive front than an offensive line guy. Likewise the other way around.

That team was coached by Chad Morris. This team is led by head coach Sam Pittman is in his 2nd season. Pitman came from Georgia where he as Assistant Head Coach in charge of the offensive line.

Their success is more of a result of the stellar assistant staff that Pittman was able to attract than it is Pittman himself. But, make no mistake - he is what a HC should be.

Reactions: caughtlookin

“Sherman, set the Wayback machine to 1965”.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr CockStrong
Carlen and Morrison both knew this.

Please forgive me. I am going to say the wrong thing ... in your opinion.

Jim Carlen did more to hurt Carolina football than help. His two 8-4 seasons and 3 bowl loses set a low bar to measure success.

Between the 20's, he was a successful coach. In the Red Zone and inside our own 20 he was less than productive and less than an average coach. Sorry, just not a JC supporter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT