ADVERTISEMENT

In the End, Nobody Knew Nothing About Zion...

Plateman

Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
Hilarious but sad result for the Cocks as we actually lost Twice within a 5 minute span. Supposedly with Zion choosing the 5th or 6th team on his final list of 6. Just goes to show how little most of the "insiders" are really on the inside the situation. Maybe we can now forget about a kid we never had and concentrate on finding Chris Silva who was noticeably absent from both the field and FT line today. Surprising after the last few games.

Hilarious but sad result for the Cocks as we actually lost Twice within a 5 minute span. Supposedly with Zion choosing the 5th or 6th team on his final list of 6. Just goes to show how little most of the "insiders" are really on the inside the situation. Maybe we can now forget about a kid we never had and concentrate on finding Chris Silva who was noticeably absent from both the field and FT line today. Surprising after the last few games.

We don’t need him to save our coaches job. Taters did

Which is why I would never pay hard-earned cash for “inside” recruiting info on this site or any other.

Excellent point. Still find it difficult to believe his choice of Duke could be kept secret. You know this was decided probably during The early signing period. I guess Zion is not as close to does 4 little ball retrievers on Spartanburg Day school as he professed.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
We really shouldn't be shocked. Had he chosen the Gamecocks, the basketball nation would have been talking about it. Young impressionable kids do predictable things most often, including selecting the path of least resistance to stardom. Gamecock basketball will continue to have to scratch and claw to get wins, and will occasionally have decent years. Hang on for the long haul - that's what I've been doing, and what makes years like last year so special.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Excellent point. Still find it difficult to believe his choice of Duke could be kept secret. You know this was decided probably during The early signing period. I guess Zion is not as close to does 4 little ball retrievers on Spartanburg Day school as he professed.

According to the 24/7 timeline, Coach K had the final visit with him last week. He could have swayed him, especially if Clemson and USC were legitimate alternatives. If you're only going to play college ball for one season, I can see going to Duke or Kentucky. Ben Simmons is killing it in the NBA as a rookie and he couldn't even get LSU into the NCAA tournament.

I don't think the instate schools were ever really in it.

I wouldn't want to pay $10/mo. solely for the expectation that someone or a group of folks could guarantee me to where particular high school athletes were going to pledge their services. As it were, there is quite a good bit of premium content on TIF about what is going on presently in the Athletic Dept. outside of recruiting. As with any information, you have to use discernment ...just the same as has been with newspapers, magazines, etc. ever since such has been around. I still think, overall, $10/mo. is a bargain for what is provided. One more thought about TIF...just because there are members who post frequently doesn't mean they are "insiders". The paid staff doesn't use a lot of hyperbole or act as fanboys & there are some non-staff members who are more connected to certain programs than the average Joe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT