ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Report - July 15 (Early Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Clark

Football/Recruiting Insider
Jan 3, 2005
Football Recruiting

The fact that signee Brandon Golson has decided to attend prep school should not come as a surprise to anyone. Just to recap the facts, Golson (as of this afternoon and as I posted earlier) had not been officially cleared by the NCAA. Additionally, I was told on Tuesday that USC had "not actually" denied him as I've previously posted, though obviously not being cleared by the NCAA would present a roadblock to admission anywhere. Assuming the academic situation is in order, he will now have the chance to get to USC at a later date.

Garden City (KS) junior college defensive tackle this update earlier this month. Couch, as I've previously said, will be visiting USC for the weekend of the Showcase and Carolina has a chance to move up then.

NC State has offered Charleston (SC) Porter Gaud WR Stanton Seckinger, and Clemson also extended a greyshirt offer to the Palmetto State athlete after having him in camp this summer. Last I heard, Seckinger plans on attending the Gamecock Showcase and will have a chance to show the staff what he can do. He's a prospect that projects as a wideout or, if he got big enough, a tight end. Given USC's numbers at receiver and their board at tight end, I'm not sure the chances of Seckinger receiving an offer are great but he's someone that USC is well-aware of at this point.

South Carolina is in the top five for Atlanta (GA) Mays DE Darrius Caldwell, along with Ole Miss, West Virginia, Virginia, and UCF. The Peach State prospect looks good on film, and Lorenzo Ward extended an offer during the evaluation period. I'll have a much better gauge on USC's chances, and every other team for that matter, once he begins taking more visits. He's said he wants to make a decision before the end of the summer.

This post was edited on 7/14 4:48 PM by Chris Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News