ADVERTISEMENT

Instant Analysis (Wofford)

Josh Low

Gamecock Central Analyst
Jun 12, 2012
This was the type of game that South Carolina just needed to get through, win, and do so with as few injuries as possible. It wasn’t perfect but South Carolina got their eighth win of the season with still two games left to play.

I said coming into the game that Jake Bentley needed to build confidence with this game and I thought he played really well. It wasn’t pretty for the offense in the first half but that wasn’t because of Bentley. He was one of the few bright spots for the offense in the first half.

Bentley protected the football and was accurate throwing it. A lot of the passing game today was quick passes. He was also the best rusher for South Carolina in the first half. He had some tough runs. I thought it was a good performance for Bentley going into the Clemson game.

The running game for South Carolina in the first half was bad. They only had 36 yards rushing. The offensive line wasn’t getting much push in the run game and didn’t look good in pass protection as well. They did do a better job in the second half. A.J. Turner got going and Ty’Son Williams had a nice second half.

It was a mixed bag for receivers. Bryan Edwards had a good game. He did have one drop. He also had some physical runs in the quick passing game. There were too many drops today by the receivers.

I thought the defense did a good job at defending the triple option for the most part. Wofford moved the ball at times but that was to be expected with the type of offense they run. The defense forced turnovers and only allowed 10 points. That is a success.

I’m sure Skai Moore will remember senior day with his interception and getting in the record book. DJ Wonnum and the defensive line played well. The secondary needs to get healthy before Clemson.

Clemson is next and I’m sure this week will be fun. The offense has to execute better and get off to a better start next week if they want to pull off the upset. I’m sure the defense will play well and give South Carolina a shot. I think it is going to be an interesting game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News