ADVERTISEMENT

Instant Analysis

Josh Low

Gamecock Central Analyst
Jun 12, 2012
That is a hard game to talk about. I was a little surprised at the offense and the defense. The good news is South Carolina won the game.

I was at the game and it is hard to see everything while sitting in the stands. I was surprised at the lack of pass rush by the defense. I expected a better performance from them in that area.

They were really good against the run.

I thought the secondary had one of its worst games of the season tonight. Kyle Shurmur picked them apart. Some of that was on the secondary and some on the DL.

The offense was solid for the most part. The running game had more success than it has had this season. AJ Turner had his best game of his career running the football tonight. He had most of his success running outside and I like the creativity with the offense tonight. Mon Denson was the 2nd best RB tonight.

Jake Bentley was solid. He wasn’t perfect. He was probably at his best running the football tonight. I believe he had 2 TDs running tonight. He has had success keeping the ball on the zone read.

Shi Smith was another big performer for SC tonight. It was mostly in the first half. He just adds another weapon for Bentley offensively.

SC is going to need to play much better next weekend to even have a chance to stay in the game against UGA. They need the defense to play much better next weekend. And they are going to need the offense to have their best performance of the season to have a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News