ADVERTISEMENT

*** Interesting running back note... (Updated: 5:30)

W

Wes Mitchell

Original update: Former Georgia Tech running back C.J. Leggett says on Twitter that he's got "an opportunity" to play at South Carolina.

Leggett, who was dismissed from Georgia Tech this summer for a violation of team rules, is currently at Mesa CC and is eligible to play at an FBS school in 2017 with two years to play.

South Carolina does not plan to take a scholarship running back in the 2017 class at this time, but I'm trying to confirm if this could be a walk-on situation.

The former North Gwinnett standout is a 5-foot-9, 209-pounder.

4:15 update: I've confirmed that Leggett's offer from South Carolina is as a walk-on for this spring semester (January 2017). He's not completely decided that's what he wants to do, but he seems to be leaning that way. He would then have an opportunity to earn a scholarship in the future. He comes from a great family, I'm told, and walking on first would not be an issue.

5:30 update: Leggett also has scholarship offers from Mercer, East Tennessee State, The Citadel and Georgia State. He's not yet made a final decision, but will likely make one in the next couple of weeks. At this point, I fully expect it to be South Carolina. The Gamecocks like Leggett a lot, I'm told.

"He's got some other Division 1 scholarship offers on the table," Mesa head coach Ryan Felker. "He's probably going to figure it out over Christmas and head out in January wherever he's going to go. But it sounds like (going to South Carolina is) what he wants to do."

Here's a look at his highlights from this season:

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News