ADVERTISEMENT

Is conditioning a problem???

hotshotcock

Dec 31, 2009
Easley, SC
Throughout many of the games both offensive and defense players were laying on the field more often than penalty flags. Are these just freak injuries or is conditioning a problem?

Obviously the defense has taken a beating but on the offensive side we rushed back ups out without too much impact other than getting thin at running back a few times. Mon Denson saved our butts many times when Rico and AJ were sidelined.

Conditioning, freak injuries or are all the new rules creating more severe hits below the neck?

I didn't see any conditioning problems Saturday night. In all honesty I saw plenty of tater players huffing and puffing as we ran up and down the field on them. Their defensive line was gassed.

Damn....we play in the SEC....that why u have so many injuries.....look at Alabama, LSU, FLorida etc...all have major injuries.....

With Bama and LSU they just trot the next one out there and don't miss a beat we're trying to get there. Anyway that's my belief and I'm sticking to it.

Throughout many of the games both offensive and defense players were laying on the field more often than penalty flags. Are these just freak injuries or is conditioning a problem?

Obviously the defense has taken a beating but on the offensive side we rushed back ups out without too much impact other than getting thin at running back a few times. Mon Denson saved our butts many times when Rico and AJ were sidelined.

Conditioning, freak injuries or are all the new rules creating more severe hits below the neck?
Strength and size seem to be an issue.

Stats Game by Game...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gamecocksonline.com/documents/2018/11/13/ChattanoogaNotes.pdf

Total Offense USC 557 CCU 238
Total Offense UGA 473 USC 336
Total Offense USC 534 Vandy 284
Total Offense KY 327 USC 321
Total Offense MU 490 USC 377
Total Offense TAM 458 USC 299
Total Offense USC 376 UT 351
Total Offense Ole Miss 616 USC 510
Total Offense UF 528 USC 386
Total Offense USC 602 C 334
Total Offense CU 744 USC 600

6-5 record...

Stats don't lie

Reactions: jonesz21
Stats Game by Game...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/gamecocksonline.com/documents/2018/11/13/ChattanoogaNotes.pdf

6-5 record...

Stats don't lie
You've mistaken conditioning with lack of depth again I don't why you keep riding this horse.

Stats Game by Game...

6-5 record...

Stats don't lie

Yeap . I was thinking the other night that we are two or three plays away from being a 9-2 team right now but.... we are also two or three plays away from being a 3-8 team too . 6-5 is about what we are right now . Injuries are like excuses and A—holes , everybody has them . Nobody we lost this year is gonna win or lose us a ballgame . We are what we are

This is the most injuries I have ever seen on one team in my many years of watching football. Like everyone else I have a few theories but I really believe it’s a combination of many factors:
- overtraining (Champ is a harda$$ in practice)
- bad luck
- young players not quite ready physically yet
- lack of depth
- tackling technique (coaches must fix this)

Reactions: lawcalcock
You've mistaken conditioning with lack of depth again I don't why you keep riding this horse.

And my favorite...

The biggest choke job in the 4th quarter

We wore down at the end...

Conditioning and poor tackling go hand and hand of looking like shit on the field...

With the fast pace offense, your defense needs to be strong and ready to play longer minutes than the offense....

I love it when the strength and conditioning experts decide to enlghten the world with their genius. It laughable

And my favorite...

The biggest choke job in the 4th quarter

We wore down at the end...

Conditioning and poor tackling go hand and hand of looking like shit on the field...

With the fast pace offense, your defense needs to be strong and ready to play longer minutes than the offense....
You must have a lot of time on your hands you could show me the complete history of Gamecock football and you'd still be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT