ADVERTISEMENT

Is our football staff looking further west than SOS's crew?

Cockish

Apr 11, 2017
For those who follow recruiting, do you see a trend forming with mUSChamp's staff recruiting further west with the latest examples being Hilinski, Jay and now Ford? Is the success of UGA of late forcing us to look elsewhere or is it just based on position needs for 2019, 2020? Thanks for answering.

I think it was a situation in which one recruit was looking east and our former OC noticed, and our current QB coach also noticed when he was at Ole Miss and both were recruiting him. Now others on his team may be interested. Could be a one year thing or the start of something more.

For those who follow recruiting, do you see a trend forming with mUSChamp's staff recruiting further west with the latest examples being Hilinski, Jay and now Ford? Is the success of UGA of late forcing us to look elsewhere or is it just based on position needs for 2019, 2020? Thanks for answering.

I used to think California being a far away place, but having my son live in San Francisco area, it’s not all that far...

About an 8 hour flight and 3 hours behind me here in EST...

Reactions: Cockish
We have 1 kid from California. I wouldn't say we are recruiting the West coast all that much.

Reactions: Brace1
Couple with the fact SC only has 1 TOP 250 player ... leads to look elsewhere.
:)

Last edited:
Yes and it seems to be paying off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT