ADVERTISEMENT

Is our program in Glen Mason Territory?

The main difference is Muschamp was never really an exciting hire. Spurrier was an exciting hire. Lou was an exciting hire. Muschamp? Meh. Not awful, but nothing to get excited about. He'd probably have brought more excitement as being hired as a DC here than head coach. I'm not getting the feeling that people want to get rid of Muschamp, but people are pretty tired of bad offense. We will settle for average, consistent offense at this point. We don't need to be the greatest show on turf, but we also haven't scored in the first quarter all year but maybe once or twice? That's absurd.

The main difference is Muschamp was never really an exciting hire. Spurrier was an exciting hire. Lou was an exciting hire. Muschamp? Meh. Not awful, but nothing to get excited about. He'd probably have brought more excitement as being hired as a DC here than head coach. I'm not getting the feeling that people want to get rid of Muschamp, but people are pretty tired of bad offense. We will settle for average, consistent offense at this point. We don't need to be the greatest show on turf, but we also haven't scored in the first quarter all year but maybe once or twice? That's absurd.

And a change must be made

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
And a change must be made
Needs to be made NOW. Let the new guy come in and watch the bowl, let him hit the ground running during spring practice. This gives him two years to work with our QB's and not to mention we will be stacked with seniors year after next. We can't let Roper screw up that opportunity with his hab drab offense that ranks in the 100's. This should be an easy OC spot to fill with just about whoever we want. No Muschamp re-treads, someone new.

Reactions: joplin gamecock1
This is not an 8 win team. I mean we won 8 games but vs very very weak teams. Very ugly games

This is not an 8 win team. I mean we won 8 games but vs very very weak teams. Very ugly games

Which speaks to luck... and also good coaching. Good coaching on defense, specifically.

Spurrier got time and leeway because he was Spurrier. As long as he was recruiting and trying, you knew he was among the best. He was also beating UF, UT, and UGA in his early years. When it meant a lot. Will is beating UF and UT, but it’s hard to say what it means. It still means something, but not as much as it used to.

But expectations have to be different. We’ve seen this program can be top 10. We’ve seen this program can win the East. We’ve seen they can win major bowls. We’re top 15 in average attendance. We’re top 20 in annual revenue. If we’re finishing outside the top 100 in offense, defense, or special teams, we shoul expect changes to address those short comings. We have the money and we are a desirable destination.

We are what our record says we are. We are an 8 win team.
Are we an exciting 8 win team?
Are we a high scoring 8 win team?
Are we an 8 win team that benefitted from timely schedule?

Fill in your own answers.
But we are an 8 win team.
An 8 win team with a chance to win a 9th game.

Personally I would like to be beating UK 90%, UGa 50%, and Clemson 50% of the time. Those should be goals expressed very strongly to Will. As said above the revenue and attendance is there. However, as it is this year our fans can always find a silver lining as in playing UGa tough or making a bowl.

Maybe Glenn Miller???

B-Glenn_ad.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT