ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Beamer heat just a smokescreen?

I'm not going to criticize fans for wanting Beamer. Fans are supposed to make inane, wild suggestions.

That noted, hiring Beamer as HC would be one of the most idiotic moves we've ever made, and that's saying something.

It's tough to win here. Small state. Clemson. SEC. Lack of history. Our candidates should demonstrate a proven head-coaching ability to do "more with less" and overcome long odds. That narrows the field a great deal.

Rolling the dice on Beamer with the blind hope that "he could be our Dabo" is not only imbecilic, it's reckless.
You trying to convince us to hire away the Chant’s coach instead? LOL

Seriously though... Your take on Beamer is not accurate. Beyond the fact he has coached positions all over the field from STs which incorporates elements of both defense and offense, to TE which incorporates blocking, route running and pass catching... He has experience working with most all aspects of the game and has beenAssistant Head coach at two different high level programs. He has more experience than most coordinators... That all aside though- what other candidate being considered can say THEY HAVE WON AT SC, or that THEY HAVE RECRUITED AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS HERE? None of them. Only Beamer.

My only knock on Napier- who is and has been my top choice- is that if he is recruiting against clemsun (and he will be!) Dabo can walk into every living room in SC and tell the story of how he fired Napier. While Beamer can tell the story of how he helped engineer the best run against clemsun (and best run of success overall) in our school’s history. Those are impactful stories to tell.

Does it mean he will be the best coach from an Xs and Os perspective? Nope. We won’t be able to judge that with whomever we hire until years later. My other reason for liking the idea of Beamer more than I did originally is CONNOR SHAW. We need to keep that man on staff and I feel confident Beamer would do that in some capacity. If his presser the other day did not inspire you, and get ya’ll pumped about being a Gamecock, I question if you have emotions!

Reactions: NetworkX
I'm not going to criticize fans for wanting Beamer. Fans are supposed to make inane, wild suggestions.

That noted, hiring Beamer as HC would be one of the most idiotic moves we've ever made, and that's saying something.

It's tough to win here. Small state. Clemson. SEC. Lack of history. Our candidates should demonstrate a proven head-coaching ability to do "more with less" and overcome long odds. That narrows the field a great deal.

Rolling the dice on Beamer with the blind hope that "he could be our Dabo" is not only imbecilic, it's reckless.
VERY true.

According to an above post, going from job to job doing totally different jobs makes you a super coach without the fact of being a HC or even sniffing the job or even being an OC or DC. The common sense is off the board.

Gonna bookmark this.

sops303chrismade-cx-watch-b.jpg

That is a very rare lightning in a bottle scenario.
Can’t catch lightning in a bottle if you don’t put the bottle out there....Just sayin.

Reactions: Chanticleer37
Who knows, but if Ray hires a guy with zero coordinator experience and zero HC experience, he really needs to be fired. He doesn’t have the cache to take a chance at this point.

I know, Dabo was the same, but the AD at Clemson had spent several years getting to know him and had hired a number of winners in his past.

Who has Ray hired that turned out great?

No one. Tanner Stinks at the AD Job.

I think Beamer has a high upside, and who knows, he could be another hotshot assistant with 0 HC experience who’s willing to hire the right people.....BUT, and he might not face it here too much, would he be under the pressure of the name, and questions about the name when things are bad? Another issue is, he’s a Hokie (kidding), but I’m pretty sure the consensus among the Turkey People is if Fuente didn’t come back, they might not miss him. Is Shane really itching for that job? Would they even consider him? Ii The pull of the alma mater is strong, but as all of us know, it can be disastrous. He saw firsthand how the fans treated his Pop, obviously a famous alum, when Tech was talking about firing him after the ‘92 season, they didn’t, obviously the rest is history, and Frank is the King in Blacksburg nowadays.

That’s my biggest concern. Yes 0 HC experience, and as we well know, having plenty of it often means nada. I think he could get a good thing going here, but still leave for VT. Of course anyone could leave, but no potential candidate is in his unique position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT