ADVERTISEMENT

It appears our team cannot play Martins D all year and are exhausted.

Cocky89

Oct 31, 2015
with only a starting 5 who can score we cannot match others who pressure our defense in the 2nd half to score. Our guys spend the entire time of possession and get worn out to have the opponent to score and then we're too tired to score. Our bench had one field goal at vandy. Martin needs to adjust....please. It seems other teams plans are with stand the pressure and score at will in the second half, they are tired. He admitted it himself for the alabama home game loss......" I practiced them to much"

with only a starting 5 who can score we cannot match others who pressure our defense in the 2nd half to score. Our guys spend the entire time of possession and get worn out to have the opponent to score and then we're too tired to score. Our bench had one field goal at vandy. Martin needs to adjust....please. It seems other teams plans are with stand the pressure and score at will in the second half, they are tired.
seems I recall folks sayin' the same about another frank team we had '68.

This year's team doing as well as it has is actually, I think, a great coaching feat on Martin's part, given his loss of so many players from last year's team and so many new -- and raw talent -- players coming on board this year. The defense Martin wants to play means the starters need to have a quality 10-15 minutes per game from the bench guys and that just isn't there this year. We will miss Thornwell a great deal next year, but IF Martin can hold on to this year's guys (with the exception of Tut?), add those already committed -- and Williamson? -- I can see him building another 20+ win team around Dozier next year.

Reactions: Out of Conference
This year's team doing as well as it has is actually, I think, a great coaching feat on Martin's part, given his loss of so many players from last year's team and so many new -- and raw talent -- players coming on board this year. The defense Martin wants to play means the starters need to have a quality 10-15 minutes per game from the bench guys and that just isn't there this year. We will miss Thornwell a great deal next year, but IF Martin can hold on to this year's guys (with the exception of Tut?), add those already committed -- and Williamson? -- I can see him building another 20+ win team around Dozier next year.
Have you seen Dozier play? That would be magical.

Have you seen Dozier play? That would be magical.
If Dozier really has "it", next year will be the year he can show "it" without having to mesh with Sindarious and Notice, which I have thought, frankly, rarely worked well. Next year we could start Felder or Gravett at the point and set Dozier up for some of his very hard to defense moves down the middle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT