ADVERTISEMENT

It really is incredible what Lane Kiffin has done at Ole Miss

Our powers to be (the Board of trustees & Ray Tanner) need to have courses on how to hire people. Or hire an outside consultant for advice.

Reactions: gamecock stock
Hate to be that guy but I was begging for us to Hire Lane the year after the Belk bowl disaster . I also said where ever he went he would win and do it with flair . I got laughed out of the joint . Welp …. I TOLD YA SO !!! He’s a prick and a slime ball but the dude can coach . Oh well at least we got our guy ….

Ole Miss went from Matt Luke, to being a NY6 borderline playoff team in two years with the hire of Lane Kiffin. They are the 2nd best team in the SEC West. The era of wait 5 years then evaluate coaches is changing, especially in the SEC, either win games or make way for someone who can. We waited with Muschamp and things only got worse, waiting on a losing coach doesn't work.

I am not saying the answer is to hire Lane Kiffin (will never happen now) but I am saying that there are options out there like Hugh Freeze at Liberty where if we opened the checkbook could get it done and no longer have to worry about hiring a great OC because he calls his own plays. He would change the offense in just a few years and we could be where Ole Miss is. There is nothing that Ole Miss has that we don't have.
wE don’t have 2 as the QB

Lane has probably developed Corral, but the kid had offers from about everyone.
He did have a lot of offers and he was a 4 star QB but he also lost the starting job in 2019. Kiffen has had a big hand in Corral’s improvement and brought in another 4 star QB last year. He may be obnoxious but he runs a fast paced exciting offense that is going to make it much easier to recruit players.

Reactions: SCReb24 and SLODAWG
You look at a coach success after more than one or two good years which he has done....lets see the next 3 or 4 years...if he stays there!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT