ADVERTISEMENT

It will be VERY important for McClendon to

gamecock stock

Jul 14, 2000
establish a consistent, effective running game in our offense. We finished 106 in Total Rushing Yards in the country and averaged just 3.9 yards per rush. We didn't have a running game against Michigan either: 61 yards (3rd lowest against Michigan) and 2.3 yards per rush (tied for 4th lowest against Michigan). Compare that to the 2 teams playing for the national championship: Georgia is number 5 in Total Rushing Yards, averaging 6 yards per rush. Alabama is number 10 in Total Rushing Yards, averaging 5.8 yards per rush.

BMac was not my first choice for OC. But, he is my OC now. Muschamp was not my first choice for Head Coach either. But, he has, thus far, proven that he can get the job done. I believe BMac can, too.

That line has to improve leaps and bounds before we can run consistently. 9 wins made it easy to forget that the line was the #1 concern coming into the season, and why most experts predicted 4-5 wins tops.

establish a consistent, effective running game in our offense. We finished 106 in Total Rushing Yards in the country and averaged just 3.9 yards per rush. We didn't have a running game against Michigan either: 61 yards (3rd lowest against Michigan) and 2.3 yards per rush (tied for 4th lowest against Michigan). Compare that to the 2 teams playing for the national championship: Georgia is number 5 in Total Rushing Yards, averaging 6 yards per rush. Alabama is number 10 in Total Rushing Yards, averaging 5.8 yards per rush.

BMac was not my first choice for OC. But, he is my OC now. Muschamp was not my first choice for Head Coach either. But, he has, thus far, proven that he can get the job done. I believe BMac can, too.

Not having a consistent OL (putting it nicely) PLUS a QB that can't run . . . . that sorta says it. GOT to get better on both fronts.

Agreed. Here's to hoping we develop a quality lead blocker instead of relying exclusively on the OL for the run. Can we develop a fullback? Failure on 3rd and 4th and 1 almost has become standard. Quick DE's have been eating our lunch. Is there another Pat Dimarco around?

Also, running for short yardage out of the shotgun is for the birds. Takes qb sneak completely off the table.

Hey gamecock stock, haven't seen you around in a long time. How are you buddy?

actually it will be very important that wolf produces a good o-line....that is what makes a good running game...you can only scheme so much

Reactions: 67gamecock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT