ADVERTISEMENT

It's hard not to snack during the Apocalypse

Jan 2, 2020
Retired.
Nobody to play with.
Nuttin ta do.
Already polished all my shoes, changed the shelf paper and painted the closets.
Call it vanity but, if I'm gonna be laid out in some pine box, I don't wanna look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. Fortunately I'm fit, exercising, up at 5:30, start at 6 each day with a 3 to 5 mile walk but, fighting the Munchie's has been difficult while I fight this biological war. And ya can't drink all day long, everyday.

I've basically gone from one meal a day to somewhere between 8 and 17, with snacks in between.
I'm losing, but how are y'all fighting the Battle of the Bulge during this extended off-season?

P.S. I've already watched all the 3rd Rock episodes and most of the old, original Twilight Zone.

Retired.
Nobody to play with.
Nuttin ta do.
Call it vanity but, if I'm gonna be laid out in some pine box, I don't wanna look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. Fortunately I'm fit, exercising, up at 5:30, start at 6 each day with a 3 to 5 mile walk but, fighting the Munchie's has been difficult while I fight this biological war. And ya can't drink all day long, everyday.

I've basically gone from one meal a day to somewhere between 8 and 17, with snacks in between.
I'm losing, but how are y'all fighting the Battle of the Bulge during this extended off-season?

P.S. I've already watched all the 3rd Rock episodes and most of the old, original Twilight Zone.

Since you're an old Twilight Zone fan, have you watched Night Gallery (also with Rod Serling)? At least some of the episodes were on Amazon Prime.

Retired.
Nobody to play with.
Nuttin ta do.

Movies, movies, movies.

I have some wood that needs to be split. I'll even rent the splitter.

So K, got my own maul and wedge. Need anything scraped or painted??? Not so good in close spaces with delicate work but, have no problem with peaks or overhangs. How much do I owe ya???

I started watching Ozark on Netflix... It is pretty good... Kind of slow/boring at times but it is well acted, well written, well direct by Jason Bateman too- disclaimer: if you don’t like uncomfortable sex scenes avoid it. Guy-girl and guy-guy stuff in this one JFTR. I have a pretty high tolerance for weird but this show has a few scenes that shock even me!

when I have my kid it has been Disney+... I got her to watch some old classics though like the original Peter Pan... So it hasn’t been ALL Frozen...

Took the dog for a long walk yesterday... He seems to enjoy people being around more.

I have multiple hobbies at home tha keep me busy like Bonsai, hardening and I will play just about any game from cards to video games... Still after less than a week I am already stir crazy! I hope we don’t get shut in for long!

Retired.
Nobody to play with.
Nuttin ta do.

https://gothamist.com/food/eat-and-...alypse-now-with-extreme-prejudice-at-nitehawk

Reactions: Carolina Cocktail
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT