ADVERTISEMENT

It's only women's basketball

vacock#

Oct 26, 1998
But the size of the Conway. SC auditorium for the ACC women's tournament is embarrassing compared to the SEC.

This. They'be been this weekend since the 90s when my Columbia High Capitals were ROBBED in the 1991 Girls State Championship.
awe
feature61_orig.jpg

I wouldn't mind taking their money, while at the same time showing how insignificant ACC WBB is to fans vs. SEC.
I recall a few years ago at the SEC men's tournament at the GA Dome when the roof tore and they finished the tourney in former-SEC member GA Tech's Alexander Memorial Coliseum. Of course, they didn't plan it that way.

Probably not a bad idea. At least the crowd for the ACC will feel somewhat energized. Go to playing these games in a big arena and 90% of the games are played in front of very sparse crowds.

But the size of the Conway. SC auditorium for the ACC women's tournament is embarrassing compared to the SEC.
My dad and I were discussing this yesterday. The MB Convention Center is the biggest venue in town, but the MB Marathon is also this weekend and I guess the venue was booked.

It's only women's basketball. Really?
Are you really pretending to believe that women's basketball is nearly as popular as men's basketball? Rare is the school where women's hoops attendance is even close to men's attendance, and the tickets are considerably cheaper for women's basketball. Season tickets at USC that cost $260 (with Gamecock Club membership) for men's games cost $60 for women's games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT