ADVERTISEMENT

It's time fans and media give South Carolina basketball some props

USC2USC

Aug 6, 2001
Dawn Staley and Frank Martin are probably SC's two most successful coaches currently in terms of recent success. Both teams NCAA bound, ladies winning 3 straight SEC titles (4 reg season), the mens and women's SEC Players of the Year are Gamecocks. Dawn's success is blatantly obvious and amazing but also Frank Martin deserves his own props. I am also disappointed in late season slides the last two years but the fact is the last two mens seasons are the best at Carolina in a VERY long time. This team has a good shot at winning our first tourney game in over 40 years. And fans are finally filling up Colonial Life Arena.

Let's go Gamecock Basketball!! Columbia is #HoopsCity.

Dawn Staley and Frank Martin are probably SC's two most successful coaches currently in terms of recent success. Both teams NCAA bound, ladies winning 3 straight SEC titles (4 reg season), the mens and women's SEC Players of the Year are Gamecocks. Dawn's success is blatantly obvious and amazing but also Frank Martin deserves his own props. I am also disappointed in late season slides the last two years but the fact is the last two mens seasons are the best at Carolina in a VERY long time. This team has a good shot at winning our first tourney game in over 40 years. And fans are finally filling up Colonial Life Arena.

Let's go Gamecock Basketball!! Columbia is #HoopsCity.
Our biggest detriment in men's basketball is getting high level talent to come here, particularly in-state talent. We have the facilities and we have the fan support. Frank is a great coach imo. I think it's going to take us winning some tourney games to get high star recruits to regularly commit to us. We have a chance to do just that the next few weeks.

Reactions: jonesz21
Coach Staley rules the Roost no doubts there...Frank Martin is making progress...He has to make the NCAA this and next season to step up his recruiting...I wish he would cheat a good bit to lift this program up...Playing by those antiquated rules is a slow crawl that sucks

Reactions: jonesz21
Our biggest detriment in men's basketball is getting high level talent to come here, particularly in-state talent. We have the facilities and we have the fan support. Frank is a great coach imo. I think it's going to take us winning some tourney games to get high star recruits to regularly commit to us. We have a chance to do just that the next few weeks.

This is why Martin is the right man. He is connected to the AAU circuit and has connections overseas. Once he goes to the dance a few times, local kids will sign with us IMO.

Reactions: DirtyCock99
Coach Staley rules the Roost no doubts there...Frank Martin is making progress...He has to make the NCAA this and next season to step up his recruiting...I wish he would cheat a good bit to lift this program up...Playing by those antiquated rules is a slow crawl that sucks

With all due respect, do you think we should cheat at everything ? Just asking cause its beginning to become a theme.

When the media starts covering women's basketball, I'll stop watching the media. As for the men, who on a national perspective wants to hear the media about an 8/9 seed? That's like having the media cover 8-4 football teams, it just isn't that enticing outside of the fanbase.

When the media starts covering women's basketball, I'll stop watching the media. As for the men, who on a national perspective wants to hear the media about an 8/9 seed? That's like having the media cover 8-4 football teams, it just isn't that enticing outside of the fanbase.

Kinda negative post. First, if it wasn't for South Carolina women's teams I don't think there would have been any banners or trophies coming to Columbia the last few years. Almost all the AD success has been with the women......women's basketball, soccer, golf. Second, I wasn't really expecting ESPN or national news coverage. Thinking more about local SC media and SEC media. If you frequent The State, they have probably covered Steve Spurrier in the last year more than what Frank Martin is trying to build. And SEC media is still on Bama blast during football season and UK blast during basketball season.

GO COCKS!!!

Reactions: cockofdawn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT