ADVERTISEMENT

I've been patient, but my patience has worn out. It's freakin' amateur hour.

I have been through many bad hires as a fan. I remember Richard Bell and that disaster. I remember BOT thinking Cremins was too young, etc. But what I have NEVER done is trash a coach before the first practice has been held or the first game played. Give coach Beamer a chance.
But this is totally different. This is the firs time EVER that we have had a coach who is so inexperienced that he cannot even assemble a staff.

The guy can't even keep the guys he already hired for a week. What makes you think he can attract any halfway qualified coach let alone the "Right Guy"? At this point it looks like he can't get ANY guy.
I laid off the criticism the day after he was hired, but this really is beginning to look bad....real bad. Harsin comes in from the west coast and is taking our newly hired coaches....can't imagine Rocker will be too far behind with his reputation.

There simply ain't no sense in not having a DC or strength coach in place. Pretty much screams that what Beamer promised during his interviews hasn't happened. No way he was able to sell himself by saying he's gonna take great time to get it right. The writing is on the wall.....he's struck out numerous times over. Now we're after Mountain West guys. Yeah......he'll storm the southeast on the recruiting trail. This is ridiculous!!!!

3c6794d7ec96ce9cc7d7a9b0c555e4f7.gif
You should see what is going on at Tennessee. Pruitt dangling in the wind and players don’t know if he is going to be their coach or not. Also sounds like this will go on for at least another week. If they don’t fire him, he is not going to be able to hire any decent coaches. So, as you see, the gamecocks are not in as bad a mess as my Vols.

You should see what is going on at Tennessee. Pruitt dangling in the wind and players don’t know if he is going to be their coach or not. Also sounds like this will go on for at least another week. If they don’t fire him, he is not going to be able to hire any decent coaches. So, as you see, the gamecocks are not in as bad a mess as my Vols.

I disagree. Y'all are on more solid ground.

Why do so many posters blame the messenger? SpurrierWalkedOnBeer is completely correct. The staff being assembled does not compare favorably with any of our competition, except for Vanderbilt (Thank God for Vanderbilt), the delay in hiring a DC is inexcusable, the slow consolidation of the staff is troublesome (especially given the poor credentials), and the lag between Muschamp's termination and Beamer's ultimate arrival costly and avoidable. There is absolutely no reason to be optimistic. We are screwed. Live with it.

Agree. Next, Beamer might say he is staying at OU. Take that Ray!!

Some reports on VolNation said that he was unable to make any hires....is there any truth to that? Surprised if that's the case.

How is this Beamers fault? He had a staff and it got poached. Maybe blame BOT for not paying more.
WTF are you talking about? He NEVER had a staff. He had a few holdovers from Muschamp, hired a few guys and still after a full month on the job does not have a DC - one of the most important pieces to the staff. Now he can't even hang on to the OC from a failed staff and is losing a guy he just hired. On a daily basis he is proving for all to see why many did not like the hire to begin with. He is incompetent as a HC.

Reactions: SOSUSC
WTF are you talking about? He NEVER had a staff. He had a few holdovers from Muschamp, hired a few guys and still after a full month on the job does not have a DC - one of the most important pieces to the staff. Now he can't even hang on to the OC from a failed staff and is losing a guy he just hired. On a daily basis he is proving for all to see why many did not like the hire to begin with. He is incompetent as a HC.
He had 7 of 10 and was probably close to bringing in a DC. And I guarantee if they matched the salary for Bobo, you would be complaining about that.

Reactions: Robhawk29
He had 7 of 10 and was probably close to bringing in a DC. And I guarantee if they matched the salary for Bobo, you would be complaining about that.
7 of 10 is not a staff. It's a partial staff, 4 of which were already here. So he really only hired 3 - one of which has already left. He obviously was not close to a DC. It's been a whole month and he has not hired one of the most important positions on the staff. And you can't guarantee a damn thing. I've never complained about any salaries except for the ridiculous buyout they gave Muschamp. You keep defending this hire like it was Nick Saban and yet have not produced one single valid argument.

The guy can't even keep the guys he already hired for a week. What makes you think he can attract any halfway qualified coach let alone the "Right Guy"? At this point it looks like he can't get ANY guy.
It look tough at the moment...Theres a lot of quality coaches out there, and we will get the right fit our program. Bobo jumping that quick shows he wasnt long term anyways. Beamer wants the best staff he can get....believe it or not he wants that more than any of us fans. One thing I can say about Shane is he is relentless and doesn't want to fail. Its going to be okay.

This has been amateur hour since the search began. Then Beamer shows up after a charade of a search process and talks about how he will wow everyone with his staff. Then he keeps half the staff off of a program that was a dumpster fire. Hires a guy from UT that was trying to get out of Knoxville before he got fired there, and was willing to take a pay cut. Hire a SCISA coach. Now apparently after being told no thanks by any DC of relevance is on the verge of hiring a guy from MSU. The whole process is a joke.

I wish we were on the verge of hiring Arnett - guess ND, TX aren't relevant either since those are the schools we are competing with to get his services. The staff he kept by the way was bobo - talked about for several jobs, and then offered more money to be OC at auburn so might be decent although if he wants mcclendon as his WR coach definitely good riddance, kitchings who most agree is a good RB coach and had a 1,000 yard rusher in 10 games against all SEC defenses , Rocker - nope didn't want him, and Mike Peterson - meh. Not really all that bad. Not sure where the joke is but since you for some reason think Arnett is part of it i'm pretty sure i'm not worried about what you think is a joke

I laid off the criticism the day after he was hired, but this really is beginning to look bad....real bad. Harsin comes in from the west coast and is taking our newly hired coaches....can't imagine Rocker will be too far behind with his reputation.
we can only hope someone takes rocker

How is BoBo being a jackass his fault? and how is Beamer calling him on his BS a bad thing? Guess we should have paid Bobo 2 mill now to keep him

How is BoBo being a jackass his fault? and how is Beamer calling him on his BS a bad thing? Guess we should have paid Bobo 2 mill now to keep him
I was referring to Friend. You know, the guy he just hired a week ago and is leaving? What does Bobo being a jackass have to do with that?

Bobo is the reason he came and the reason he's leaving
So you're saying he hired at least 2 people with character issues. I guess that's what happens when you have a green HC who doesn't have the ability to judge character and put together a cohesive staff.

So you're saying he hired at least 2 people with character issues. I guess that's what happens when you have a green HC who doesn't have the ability to judge character and put together a cohesive staff.
No I'm saying he probably kept Bobo to some extent because he said he wanted to be here, was already under contract and probably of the options was among the top, and since the oc and DC normally say who they want as position coaches he went and got friend

Only thing that concerns me if we can seriously get key I think i would have told Bobo to deal with it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT