ADVERTISEMENT

I've just watched two of the top 5 movies of all time in the past few hours. They are...

Bad seed

Oct 17, 2018
...Revenge of the Nerds and Silver Bullet. Anyone else like these two '80s movies? If you say no, you're wrong, and probably hate puppies.

Reactions: AsTheCockCrows
Love the Nerds but I didn’t know Silver Bullet. After looking it up and seeing it stars Corey Haim and Gary Busey that must be one hell of a train wreck. I might need to look that up.

Silver bullet was bad when it came out and if you watch it now it’s even worse. Terrible story, acting and effects. This coming from a guy whose hates to admit he loves watching the shark and gator syfy movies. Those are bad but silver bullet is awful. Sorry to say that to you but it really was bad.
Nerds on other hand is classic

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Silver bullet was bad when it came out and if you watch it now it’s even worse. Terrible story, acting and effects. This coming from a guy whose hates to admit he loves watching the shark and gator syfy movies. Those are bad but silver bullet is awful. Sorry to say that to you but it really was bad.

I just love it. It was the first werewolf movie I ever saw, and I think I've seen them all. We had a little video store near the house when I was growing up. I guess it was in the heyday of VHS rental stores. You would pick up a little ticket in front of the movie box in the store and take it to the counter, then they would give you the movie. If the ticket wasn't in front of the box, it meant it wasn't in, or some jerk had removed it. I'll bet I rented Silver Bullet, Revenge of the Nerds, and Redd Foxx: Video In A Plain Brown Wrapper over a 1000 times total. I still don't know how they let a kid rent that Redd Foxx tape.

Reactions: Brace1
Nerds is a good one but for the 80s I’m more a fan of Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, and Better Off Dead. Like above, don’t know Silver Bullet but always up for a bad movie.

Ever seen Gymkata with Kurt Thomas?

Nerds is a good one but for the 80s I’m more a fan of Weird Science, Sixteen Candles, and Better Off Dead. Like above, don’t know Silver Bullet but always up for a bad movie.

I haven't, and I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen Weird Science or Sixteen Candles.

Love the Nerds but I didn’t know Silver Bullet. After looking it up and seeing it stars Corey Haim and Gary Busey that must be one hell of a train wreck. I might need to look that up.
It's based on a Stephen King novella, Cycle of the Werewolf. While I agree that there was some bad acting with some of the actors and the werewolf itself could've been scarier, I loved that movie! King excels when putting children in overwhelming circumstances that they have to overcome -- often with very little help from adults.

I did like Weird Science...Kelly LaBrock was hot. But if you want to see a really bad movie watch Killer Clowns from Outer space. It was so bad I couldn't stop watching it.

The Godfather & The Godfather Part II. I know everyone pans Part III, but only because it followed two masterpieces of cinema. If it had been made on its own, just a story about an aging mafia boss, it would have been considered a good flick, Sophia Coppola's terrible acting notwithstanding.

Last edited:
I haven't, and I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen Weird Science or Sixteen Candles.

Do. They are 2 of the most quotable movies ever. Both have Anthony Michael Hall. Bill Paxton is in Weird Science. 16 Candles has both John and Joan Cusack. If you liked Better Off Dead, try these 2.

Fake news! But it is not one of the top movies ever made by a long shot.

I did like Weird Science...Kelly LaBrock was hot. But if you want to see a really bad movie watch Killer Clowns from Outer space. It was so bad I couldn't stop watching it.
Just watched Killer Clowns last week and it was still so bad it was good.

I need to find Something Wicked this Way Comes for some real quality bad 80s movies or maybe even Cloak and Dagger!

Just watched Killer Clowns last week and it was still so bad it was good.

I need to find Something Wicked this Way Comes for some real quality bad 80s movies or maybe even Cloak and Dagger!

I LOVE Cloak and Dagger! How about Dragonslayer? Or Willow?

Reactions: CCUIrmo
Excuse me....
animal house
Caddy shack
Bull Durham

surely these are your top 3

I've never seen Caddyshack or Bull Durham, but I did see Animal House on the way back from a football game at Arkansas on a charter bus full of Gamecocks. I think it was either the 1999 or 2001 game. I don't know why people like that movie so much. I didn't think it was that good. I was the only one on the bus that didn't like it.

Now Road House, that's a good movie.

I've never seen Caddyshack or Bull Durham, but I did see Animal House on the way back from a football game at Arkansas on a charter bus full of Gamecocks. I think it was either the 1999 or 2001 game. I don't know why people like that movie so much. I didn't think it was that good. I was the only one on the bus that didn't like it.

Now Road House, that's a good movie.

Road House is probably the best worst movie ever . The cringest one liners but you still gotta love them . My two favorites :

“Well there’s always Barber college “

I sure ain’t gonna show you my ... well you know “.

Reactions: Bad seed
While a great movie, Animal House was released in 1978.

Close enough ;) , Blues Brothers Honorable mention too, could be #5 or 6.

The post started like this
I've just watched two of the top 5 movies of all time in the past few hours . & then when the movies were named, I tried to be polite and not describe how I fell out of my chair . we have Starwars & Indiana Jones movies in the 80s & Top Gun, and some Bond movies & ET &......... any who, We could easily make a case for field of dreams just based on James Earl Jones....

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Y'all don't even know what you're talking about. Revenge of the Nerds is THE BEST movie ever, so that's just a fact and not worth debating. The other four, in no particular order, are Silver Bullet, Pulp Fiction, the original A Nightmare On Elm Street, and Jurassic Park.

I've just watched two of the top 5 movies of all time in the past few hours . & then when the movies were named, I tried to be polite and not describe how I fell out of my chair . we have Starwars & Indiana Jones movies in the 80s & Top Gun, and some Bond movies & ET &......... any who, We could easily make a case for field of dreams just based on James Earl Jones....
Raiders of the Lost Ark is still my favorite movie of all time. My Dad still has the 3 VHS and 1 BETA copy of it that I wore out when I was a kid.

No Fast Times at Ridgemont High? C'mon ya'll. That Phoebe Cates red bikini scene was voted the all time sexiest scene ever. National Lampoon put one in its Christmas Vacation movie due to the success of Fast Times. Iconic movie of the 80's IMHO.

I liked Silver Bullet, although I Think it is one of the more obscure 80s movies. Anyone seen Rad?

It’s funny reading through this thread. There’s no right or wrong. Everybody has their own opinion on something like this. I like The Final Countdown but hated The Godfather. I walked out of Pulp Fiction but have MegaForce on DVD. I hated Bull Durham even though Henry Marzan (Jose - Chicken Bones) is a family friend. Took 2 tries to get through the boredom of Dr Strangelove but I’ll watch They Live any time it’s on.

To each his own. Best thing about this type of conversation is it helps know who to trust for recommendations. Now excuse me... I have to get back to watching Gymkata.

In the so bad that’s it’s good category,Kung Pow,enter the fist is right up there on my list.i always wanted the sequel that never got made.

The Godfather & The Godfather Part II. I know everyone pans Part III, but only because it followed two masterpieces of cinema. If it had been made on its own, just a story about an aging mafia boss, it would have been considered a good flick, Sophia Coppola's terrible acting notwithstanding.
Yes! I will forever say that Part III is a damn good movie. It was never going to live up to the first two, and Sophia Coppola's acting ruins it, but it's still good.

Reactions: TheReelEss
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT