ADVERTISEMENT

Jamyest Willliams set to transfer from USC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read earlier Houston’s starting quarterback is doing the same thing as this is his senior year. He started every game for them this year but guess he figured he wanted to immediately play somewhere else next year with better offensive lineman and receivers. NCAA gotta get ahold of all this transfer mess.

He is 5’8”, my 14 year old son is taller. Playing safety in the SEC at 5”8’, no kidding, he will go somewhere where he can play CB. An SEC Safety should be 6’ 2” and 210# at a minimum.
There’s a couple defensive backs in the league his height. If you have the talent you can do it no matter how tall you are, but you gotta have someone who’s gonna make you better. Maybe he felt he wasn’t getting that here from our coaching staff.

Best for both parties. He shouldn't be a starting safety in the SEC. I still shake my head at the thought of some on here comparing him to the "Honey Badger" from LSU after his(Williams) freshman year. . He was a liability in coverage and even more so against the run.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Either way it’s not a good look . Not like he’s a fourth string guy . Would not surprise me if there are more to come . Transfer rule is gonna open up a pandora’s Box . Did Feaster already burn his redshirt ??? If i was him i would damn sure be looking to get out .

Either way it’s not a good look . Not like he’s a fourth string guy . Would not surprise me if there are more to come . Transfer rule is gonna open up a pandora’s Box . Did Feaster already burn his redshirt ??? If i was him i would damn sure be looking to get out .
That would be worse for any future he was holding on too. Bolting every time he didn’t get his way. Doubt he does anything.

Reactions: Brace1

Feaster transferred as a graduate transfer. He still has a redshirt year. Technically, I think he could enter the portal. I wouldn’t blame him because he’s getting minimal touches.

Reactions: Zann77 and howard13
Maybe with his hair. He’s a slot receiver playing safety for us. He should be starting at a group of 5 school. Never had the body for safety and was a liability in coverage at CB. Hate to lose him because we lack depth. I’m afraid it might be a repeat of late last year as we go through the gauntlet. Injuries are already starting.

The guys a good athlete, and had other options, if the coaching staff would have sold it and developed him. It's like the coaches think these high school kids require no skill training. Why wasn't he put in a better suited role? That's not the only case of mismanagement of talent.

He’s probably wanting to transfer to somewhere else to get the proper coaching. He sure as hell wasn't getting it here. Don’t rip the kid; rip the coaching staff that makes $192,000 PER WEEK. (With Muschamp making $84,000 of it PER WEEK)

I mean in all seriousness our biggest games minus Bama are still on the schedule. Play well in those games if you want national exposure instead of quitting and trying to start over somewhere else.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Feaster transferred as a graduate transfer. He still has a redshirt year. Technically, I think he could enter the portal. I wouldn’t blame him because he’s getting minimal touches.what's this fascination with feaster?? he clearly is not better than uncle Rico! so if he wants to quit then let him quit!!! hadn't done crap here ..... looks slow hitting the hole imo

Did anyone notice the juxtaposition of having a 5'8" safety covering for our 6'4" corner the other night? Our coaches are killing us. Seems more and more Muschamp WANTS to cash in that buyout our simpleton AD gave him.

Thanks, Jamyest. All you ever did was trust USC to provide you with adequate coaching. We failed you. Good luck and forever to thee!

I mean in all seriousness our biggest games minus Bama are still on the schedule. Play well in those games if you want national exposure instead of quitting and trying to start over somewhere else.
I agree. Unfortunately the uphill battle is something not everyone wants to face.

In all fairness Jam was excellent as freshman in the nickel . That’s his natural position at this level . He’s not a true corner or a safety and due to attrition or crappy recruiting he was forced into it . The kid plays with more heart than anybody on the D. That’s why he was injured constantly . He took on 220 lb RB’s that our LB were scared to touch . He was all over the field against UNC . This is a big loss . The so called “Best Corner Tandem” in the country are trash . All talk and no action , Mark my words . Jam will go to another power 5 school that puts him in position to succeed and he will do well .

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT