ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Brown & EJ Jenkins Should Start (No-Brainer)

macaroni#

Apr 6, 2003
Irmo/Dillon SC
Jason Brown & EJ Jenkins have another year of eligibility and should have been starting from Day 1 of their transfer to the Gamecocks. Whatever is going on behind the scene that has many fans wondering what's going on needs to be brought to light. EJ Jenkins could be starting at many teams better than the Gamecocks and Jason Brown has shown that his skills are the best we have at Carolina as a current QB. They both need to start and play the rest of the 2021 Season to get the Game-Day experience and be happy that they have another year at "The University Of South Carolina" to showcase their talent. Look at some highlights of them from St. Francis. Bottom Line is they are darn good players that shouldn't be standing on the sideline. (My Opinion)

A lot of jokes have been made about Muschamp was an agent for the bulldogs sent to ruin the programs of their SEC foes.
Maybe Beamer was sent by Virginia tech? I don't know. It defies logic that we would have a quarterback and a receiver so good they should have been starting from day one yet our coaching staff can't see it or won't do it. What would their reason be? Maybe they are agents of disaster!

A lot of jokes have been made about Muschamp was an agent for the bulldogs sent to ruin the programs of their SEC foes.
Maybe Beamer was sent by Virginia tech? I don't know. It defies logic that we would have a quarterback and a receiver so good they should have been starting from day one yet our coaching staff can't see it or won't do it. What would their reason be? Maybe they are agents of disaster!
I believe in giving Coaches time to work out problems from previous Staff but i don't believe in playing favorites or hiring friends that need a job because they need the money!

Nobody needs to be sent to wreck the South Carolina program. The top decision makers in our program are wrecking it with their ineptitude.

Agreed. If Brown ends up being half as good as the recent hype, one has to start asking what the heck was going on during practices.

The easy answer is that he's not going to be much different than what's been trotted out there. The other answer just makes you start to wonder what the heck is going on.

Jason Brown & EJ Jenkins have another year of eligibility and should have been starting from Day 1 of their transfer to the Gamecocks. Whatever is going on behind the scene that has many fans wondering what's going on needs to be brought to light. EJ Jenkins could be starting at many teams better than the Gamecocks and Jason Brown has shown that his skills are the best we have at Carolina as a current QB. They both need to start and play the rest of the 2021 Season to get the Game-Day experience and be happy that they have another year at "The University Of South Carolina" to showcase their talent. Look at some highlights of them from St. Francis. Bottom Line is they are darn good players that shouldn't be standing on the sideline. (My Opinion)
How many practices have you coached? What has Brown done to show he was better then everyone else?

Well...they're about all that's left. If the coaches didn't feel secure starting them vs. EIU, Troy and ECU...I can go ahead and tell you what the results are going to be against Florida, Auburn and Clemson.
Maybe they appear decent vs. MIzzou....but I think we will lose that game by 12-13 points easily so I will believe them being good when I see it.

I haven't seen Brown take a meaningful snap this year. What have you seen in practice, to determine his skills are the best we have at QB?

Usually when one says "no brainer", you wonder if that means that the solution was so obvious that no brain was needed to see it, or if it means that no brain was utilized in coming up with that solution....
The end of my initial post i said the post was my opinion. Some peeps see it my way some don't. A "no brainer" is a decision or choice that is very easy to make and requires very little thought. Assuming that Doty was injured and had bad wheels but nothing wrong with his passing skills why would you play him knowing that Brown was better, and why disrespect Brown who everyone thought would be the starter after the Spring Game. Beamer even said at the time that regardless Doty was still his Starter. Bring in Zeb Noland that can toss the ball around a little bit but is not mobile at all. Then he gets the start over Brown (a slap in the face "My Opinion). I could see red-shirting Colten Gauthier even though he looked pretty good in the Spring. And i can't comprehend why Vann and Jenkins can't both be starters because they are by far the best Receivers on the team.

I haven't seen Brown take a meaningful snap this year. What have you seen in practice, to determine his skills are the best we have at QB?
Well you dang sure saw the shite show that’s been Noland and Doty, haven’t you. Practice? What did the COACHES, the ones that turned the 2020 leading rusher in the SEC into a non-factor, see in practice that deemed Doty the best we have? The 2021 Doty looks identical to the 2020 Doty to me, foot or no foot. The coaches didn’t even SEE Noland “in practice” before they told him to suit up.

Brown has demonstrated, in the limited time he was allowed in the spring game, in the limited time he was allowed in the EIU game, and in the A&M game (which was NOT against scrubeenees contrary to chucklehead fans trying to throw shade; I’ve already demonstrated that, look at the replay yourself) that he can do two things that Doty and Noland cannot; hit the broadside of a barn (Doty) and throw the ball downfield (Noland). I submit that the third thing he can do that they can’t is give us a *chance*.

If you want to call that “hype” and are worried about being “disappointed”, then I would say you take all this a bit too seriously. Give the kid a chance; what do you have to lose. If he plays well it’s win/win; if he doesn’t, then the haters get to hate.

How many practices have you coached? What has Brown done to show he was better then everyone else?
Enough with this narrative. It would stand to reason that the opposite of what this staff is thinking would probably be the right move. Based on the play of this team they have zero clue of what they are doing.

How do you not have a fade play near the end zone for a 6’ 7” freak but you have a play where a DE throws a football? Make it make sense.

Enough with this narrative. It would stand to reason that the opposite of what this staff is thinking would probably be the right move. Based on the play of this team they have zero clue of what they are doing.

How do you not have a fade play near the end zone for a 6’ 7” freak but you have a play where a DE throws a football? Make it make sense.
I’m not saying Jenkins shouldnt play but people just keep mentioning his height. There are tons of tall receivers out there who can’t catch worth a lick. That being said I don’t know if he can or not, but him being tall doesn’t mean he’s good.

Reactions: will110 and Brace1
Well you dang sure saw the shite show that’s been Noland and Doty, haven’t you. Practice? What did the COACHES, the ones that turned the 2020 leading rusher in the SEC into a non-factor, see in practice that deemed Doty the best we have? The 2021 Doty looks identical to the 2020 Doty to me, foot or no foot. The coaches didn’t even SEE Noland “in practice” before they told him to suit up.

Brown has demonstrated, in the limited time he was allowed in the spring game, in the limited time he was allowed in the EIU game, and in the A&M game (which was NOT against scrubeenees contrary to chucklehead fans trying to throw shade; I’ve already demonstrated that, look at the replay yourself) that he can do two things that Doty and Noland cannot; hit the broadside of a barn (Doty) and throw the ball downfield (Noland). I submit that the third thing he can do that they can’t is give us a *chance*.

If you want to call that “hype” and are worried about being “disappointed”, then I would say you take all this a bit too seriously. Give the kid a chance; what do you have to lose. If he plays well it’s win/win; if he doesn’t, then the haters get to hate.
Last years SEC leading rusher was non factor last year when we quit running the I formation. As far as the 4th quarter against Texas A&M. At the 7 minute mark they started putting the scrubs in. As I said, I've not seen him take a meaningful snap since he's been here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brace1
I’m not saying Jenkins shouldnt play but people just keep mentioning his height. There are tons of tall receivers out there who can’t catch worth a lick. That being said I don’t know if he can or not, but him being tall doesn’t mean he’s good.
He can catch. He’s caught just about everything thrown his way so far. It’s not like he has stone hands.

Enough with message board guys that think they know more then coaches? Not

Reactions: myrtlecock
Jason is gonna light up the swamp donkeys next game…sit back and enjoy the show.

I can only assume Brown must turn the ball over a lot in practices or something.

You would think his mobility and pocket presence/movement, given our offense line issues would have allowed him more chances to play over a statue type QB in Zeb or a injured - less then 100% Doty.

Time will tell, if he starts against Florida and throws 4 picks, we will know why.

Nothing to lose at this point, we know what Zeb can do, better to see what we have in Brown.

Honestly as bad as you think they are you wouldnt even know how to run a trap play or a pick and roll
That’s right. The worst coaches know more than we will ever know. Hopefully in our case that will equate to W’s here.
Yeah, I understand trap play. Pick and roll not so much. But you don’t have to be an engine builder to know your engines not hitting on all cylinders or that your engine has blown. Right now we not hitting on all cylinders.

Last edited:
He can catch. He’s caught just about everything thrown his way so far. It’s not like he has stone hands.

A very limited body of work…5 catches. Again I’m not saying he can or can’t catch. He might be the greatest receiver in history or college football. But folks keep saying he needs to play because he’s tall. It takes more than that.

That’s right. The worst coaches know more than we will ever know. Hopefully in our case that will equate to W’s here.
Yeah, I understand trap play. Pick and roll not so much. But you don’t have to be an engine builder to know your engines not hitting on all cylinders or that your engine has blown. Right now we not hitting on all cylinders.
Do you know how to build an engine? Can you read the plugs? Is it running rich, lean? Its easy to say you think you know whats wrong but when you get right down to it, you dont.

Agreed. If Brown ends up being half as good as the recent hype, one has to start asking what the heck was going on during practices.

The easy answer is that he's not going to be much different than what's been trotted out there. The other answer just makes you start to wonder what the heck is going on.
I mean our coaches by their own admission would say they haven't done too well this year. Wins are the gold standard metric everyone uses to judge them right?

If they have quarterback that's been sitting on the beach all year and he just comes out and lights it up you would have to think either they don't care or they're not even trying.

The last thing you said is what's actually going to happen. And the criticism will pivot to the next thing the armchair quarterbacks think they can fix.

Reactions: kawalski
Do you know how to build an engine? Can you read the plugs? Is it running rich, lean? Its easy to say you think you know whats wrong but when you get right down to it, you dont.
I don't think that's what he was saying at all. Seems to me he was saying it doesn't take an expert in a certain field to recognize THAT something is wrong and needs fixing.

But if you take a car whose engine isn't running right to a mechanic that can't fix it, are you going to keep using that mechanic? Or are you going to find someone else to do it that's better at their job?

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I highly doubt anybody out there sits around worrying about us these days. They're more likely to be like Jerry Seinfeld sitting on his couch with a bucket of popcorn watching us and saying, "What a shame.".

Ok, who would you put on the line and make those blocks and open up holes? It seems that line has more holes than it's making for our RB's and QB's...

So good?? The dudes played at basically a d-3 school..more competition at some high school games on Friday night..smh

The ultimate homer post. These guys came from St Francis for a reason. Nobody better than us was hoping to land these guys. Brown came in against 2nd and 3rd stringers last Saturday. Jenkins has size but that doesn’t mean it’ll translate on the field.

I hope you are right. But your post is based on nothing more than hope and preference. Just prepare to be disappointed. We didn’t bring a GA in to play for nothing…

I'll just say this...our scheme is trash and the plays break down fast. Sometimes the QB and WRs have to go sandlot...that's where we are. Maybe JB and EJ can make some sandlot magic because our scheme isn't going to do it. Vick it, Favre it, Steve Young it, Cunningham it, because we damn sure can't Brady it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT