ADVERTISEMENT

Javon Kinlaw...what exactly does "they weren't ready to accept

G-C-Gamecock

Jan 26, 2012
my commitment" mean? Can anyone with more recruiting knowledge explain this? How exactly does this work? Are they checking grades, waiting on a better option, waiting on parents to visit....etc? I see this statement from time to time and don't know how a school offers and then won't "take" a commitment.

I've played a role in showcasing softball players to colleges for many years. So I do have some recruiting knowledge. When we hear this (in our sport), it typically means 'waiting on a better option'. They are an option and they're on the bubble, but the acceptance of their commitment hinges on whether or not someone else decides not to commit. The college usually lets them know this.
Not saying this is the case in this instance, just that that's the way it plays out a majority of the time.

He has academic issues plus he projects best as an OT but as of now he has no desire to play there and is dead set on playing DE. We have better DE prospects on our board so if he's not willing to at least consider playing OT we may be willing ot pass on him for now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT