ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Richardson selling the Panthers

Think about it. It is some group, cult, government maybe, that is shaking all facets of life. What is really going on. What is the real purpose to get people to speak out. Truth or not, someone or somebody, something is up to something. It's all for reason.

Reactions: robertfootball
It was coming anyway. His estate was going to sell his share upon his death. He's 81 and in fragile health.

This and there is nothing for Richardson to gain from a publicity smear this late in the game. Best for all involved. Richardson steps away, Little comes out since these people were paid into silence and the Panthers move on with new ownership that hopefully is committted as Richardson to keeping the team in Charlotte.

Reactions: Brace1
Shouldn't he first threaten to move to Montreal? Might as well get a new stadium for the new owner.

Reactions: Brace1
I'm not sure why anybody would move the team out of Charlotte. It's a good market with a committed fanbase. It's not Pittsburgh or Green Bay committed, but people here are into the Panthers.

This and there is nothing for Richardson to gain from a publicity smear this late in the game. Best for all involved. Richardson steps away, Little comes out since these people were paid into silence and the Panthers move on with new ownership that hopefully is committted as Richardson to keeping the team in Charlotte.
The money boys in Charlotte had better get together on this. That franchise is movable.

Well, this guy thinks these broads are just being dramatic - every one of them. The scout called the n-word is just sensitive, too.
Don’t think they like being called broads. Haven’t read where Richardson called anyone the n-word. You do seem awful touchy about my original post in this thread though

Reactions: Bongsummers
Overreaction

Probably not. He is going easily and quickly. Probably more to it than has been made public. Actually, we just know a piece of it from the SI article.

Accountability is a good thing. I know it is shocking for some who have acted with impunity for so long.

Reactions: Cock-Vader
latest

jerry-richardson-panthers.jpg

People really need to slow their roll about the team moving. Teams that have moved in recent memory moved because they played in crumbling stadiums, weren’t drawing fans and weren’t making money. None of these circumstances apply to the Panthers. It’ll be interesting to see who will buy the team, but I’m not the least bit concerned about the team being moved.

Reactions: thisisnextyr
Don’t think they like being called broads. Haven’t read where Richardson called anyone the n-word. You do seem awful touchy about my original post in this thread though
Well, read more. If you're going to throw out some dismissive, privileged, get-off-my-lawn statement like "nation of the offended" based on blanket assumptions and lack of knowledge, be ready to back it up. That attitude does nothing beneficial. And sure, a lot of people get offended easily these days, but it's very lazy to just look at the surface of a situation and say, "these people are just overly-sensitive".

Reactions: Lowcountry1
Well, read more. If you're going to throw out some dismissive, privileged, get-off-my-lawn statement like "nation of the offended" based on blanket assumptions and lack of knowledge, be ready to back it up. That attitude does nothing beneficial. And sure, a lot of people get offended easily these days, but it's very lazy to just look at the surface of a situation and say, "these people are just overly-sensitive".
That is exactly what someone who gets offended easily would say.

"Paid into silence" does not apply to filing complaints with federal agencies, such as the EEOC. Legally can't.

People really need to slow their roll about the team moving. Teams that have moved in recent memory moved because they played in crumbling stadiums, weren’t drawing fans and weren’t making money. None of these circumstances apply to the Panthers. It’ll be interesting to see who will buy the team, but I’m not the least bit concerned about the team being moved.
The thing about the Panthers is they don't get any Charlotte money I believe, it's all PSL owners that fund them and their stadium (which is going on 21 years old). Also, Charlotte will never host a Super Bowl. Ever. I'm not advocating for them to move, but I am watching the Braves becoming a laughing stock after they got bought from Ted and don't be surprised if the same thing happens to the Panthers. Jerry made decisions because he loved the Carolina's and the Panthers are/were his baby. The next owner won't give a crap about any of that, it'll all come down to increasing their bottom line. Matter of fact, I bet the first move is to move the teams camp from Spartanburg. And don't think the NFL isn't wanting to have a team in a much broader market than the Carolina's.

Last edited:
Reactions: msc1992
NFL has been flirting with the U.K. for awhile. Wouldn't surprise me to see them be moved there.

As in Britain, I assume. Ooooo. . . .heavy, heavy relocation expenses. Not like the Colts to Indy where they just loaded up a bunch of vans under cover of darkness and 5 hours later, Voila! They were unloading in Indiana!

As in Britain, I assume. Ooooo. . . .heavy, heavy relocation expenses. Not like the Colts to Indy where they just loaded up a bunch of vans under cover of darkness and 5 hours later, Voila! They were unloading in Indiana!
London would be my guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT