ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Schlossnagle set to leave Texas A&M for Texas head coaching job

That would be an odd move

Monday night

"I think it's pretty selfish of you to ask me that question, to be honest with you," Schlossnagle said. "I left my family to be the coach at Texas A&M. I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again, and that hasn't changed in my mind."

But I realize all these guys lie through their teeth all the time. Jim is obviously a huge liar.

Last edited:

Monday night

"I think it's pretty selfish of you to ask me that question, to be honest with you," Schlossnagle said. "I left my family to be the coach at Texas A&M. I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again, and that hasn't changed in my mind."

But I realize all these guys lie through their teeth all the time. Jim is obviously a huge liar.
If you read that carefully, nothing said is untrue. He clearly believes it was selfish of the reporter to ask that question that way. He did leave his family in Fort Worth to be the coach at Texas A&M. He took the A&M job intending to never take another job again (when he took the A&M job, Texas seemed locked up for the forseeable future), and at the point he was asked this he hadn't changed his mind (Texas hadn't thrown the big money and big NIL promises at him yet).

Certainly unprofessional. Reports claim Texas NIL money will exceed A&M's. How is that even possible?

A&M does have a cult vibe. Maybe he didn't care for it once he was inside the gate.

Reactions: usc_nc
If you read that carefully, nothing said is untrue. He clearly believes it was selfish of the reporter to ask that question that way. He did leave his family in Fort Worth to be the coach at Texas A&M. He took the A&M job intending to never take another job again (when he took the A&M job, Texas seemed locked up for the forseeable future), and at the point he was asked this he hadn't changed his mind (Texas hadn't thrown the big money and big NIL promises at him yet).

Horse-crap.

He's a liar.

An honest man would have said, "We just lost a tough game and my team is hurting. My staff is hurting. If you want to ask about the game tonight, I'll do my best to answer those questions but I'm not answering questions about things that don't matter tonight."

That would have been honest. That would have been proper.

Instead of lying and even mentioning that he took the A & M job to never take another one and added "and that hasn't changed in my mind" knowing damn well he was talking to another school about taking the job which was finalized not even 18 hours later.

Certainly unprofessional.

Unprofessional in his comments acting "angry" about the question- knowing full well what he was going to do the next day. Even more so given ESPN reporting that they had been targeting him. Make his "angry" act even more noteworthy.

A liar for sure. But he'll get a lot of money and that's what matters.

I don't give a damn about Texas or A & M, but it sure would be fun and fitting to watch this lousy guy fail miserably at Texas. I'm not going to waste time keeping up with him, but it would be fun if it happens.

"The first thing Jim Schlossnagle should do is call the TexAgs reporter, Richard Zane, and apologize for insulting him about his question about the Longhorns' job after the defeat. Schlossnagle will never have any credibility again except in Austin," NFL reporter John McClain wrote on X.

"After his postgame performance in which he berated a reporter for asking him a question that had to be asked, if Jim Schlossnagle leaves the Aggies for the Longhorns, he'll have no credibility for the rest of his career and will be branded as a liar by many."

Sports Grid host Ben Stevens said that "there is no greater lie told than a college coach when asked about a job opening."

He lied, changing his mind after having money thrown to him? There's a man who has a bright future in politics.

This morning on 107.5 I heard the question that was posed to him Monday night from the reporter. It was as tame and respectful as could be. Reporter simply mentioned the rumors and asked if he wanted to comment on them. That was it.

Then the liar went off on him as if he had accused him of already taking the job or something. The reporter actually respectfully expressed a "Thank you" after the liar attacked him.

Even the folks on 107.5 were talking about how respectful the reporter was when he mentioned the subject.

This morning on 107.5 I heard the question that was posed to him Monday night from the reporter. It was as tame and respectful as could be. Reporter simply mentioned the rumors and asked if he wanted to comment on them. That was it.

Then the liar went off on him as if he had accused him of already taking the job or something. The reporter actually respectfully expressed a "Thank you" after the liar attacked him.

Even the folks on 107.5 were talking about how respectful the reporter was when he mentioned the subject.
Agree. Did not like his gruff comments to a polite reporter. Well, money talks.

Just seen it- he apologized to the reporter by name.
Coaches lie a lot -and he lied.

At least that is documented now and you know what you are dealing with in him.

Monday night

Now why drag Roy Williams into this?

lol I’m always impressed how people can lie to themselves.

Schloss may be a good baseball coach but he’s obviously a terrible person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT