ADVERTISEMENT

John Hope is Maryland's Defensive Coordinator

muscleknight

Mar 26, 2001
I watched a little bit of the Maryland - Michigan game. I was wondering why the Maryland defense was so bad until the announcers said the DC was John Hope. Why do head coaches keep hiring Whammy and Hope? Maryland is paying Hope $650,000/year. He got 600k here (maybe more) and now getting 650k. That is at least 1.25 million for bad coaching. The bad coaching racket sure is lucrative. Whammy is a millionaire too.

The thing is, there are only so many top notch coaches period, that includes head coaches as well as assistant coaches. That's why the underlying big question to me relative to Muschamp is does Ray know Will is just about as good of a head coach as we can possibly get at this time? This is the part that concerns me right now. I'm all for replacing Muschamp but I don't want to replace him with another Muschamp.

I watched a little bit of the Maryland - Michigan game. I was wondering why the Maryland defense was so bad until the announcers said the DC was John Hope. Why do head coaches keep hiring Whammy and Hope? Maryland is paying Hope $650,000/year. He got 600k here (maybe more) and now getting 650k. That is at least 1.25 million for bad coaching. The bad coaching racket sure is lucrative. Whammy is a millionaire too.

That was John Hoke not Hope.

I have a good friend from Maryland that told me before the season, he expected them to finish second to last in their division. Because, as he said....we don't have any players. Then they lost their starting QB.
Their offense is bad... their defense is bad. Because they don't have the players. You can be the best coach in the world, but you need some talent to win...even against Big Ten teams

Yeah and Bearnhards daughter was our kicker, backup quarterback and safety!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT