ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Montgomery to undergo Tommy John surgery

Feb 15, 2018
The Yankees' announced that left-hander Jordan Montgomery has been scheduled to undergo Tommy John surgery on his pitching elbow.

The 25-year-old Montgomery will have the procedure performed by team physician Dr. Christopher Ahmad on Thursday at New York-Presbyterian Hospital. Recovery time for the surgery is typically 12 to 18 months.

Reactions: Thigh Man
Well his career is over. That's terrible, I feel bad for the young man. It's a long process healing from that and then to earn your position back is a long road

Well his career is over. That's terrible, I feel bad for the young man. It's a long process healing from that and then to earn your position back is a long road
TJ surgery is not the death sentence it once was. But yes, it is still a long recovery.

The long recovery is one thing. Regaining your position after one or maybe two classes of fresh arms have come in and likely passed you is another.

I firmly believe that was a big thing that torpedoed C. Shaw's professional FB career - sitting on the shelf with injury, and getting passed by by new meat. Pro sports and Father Time aren't buddies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT