ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Kendall

Cockiest2001

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2020
Texas
I just heard JK, from the Atlantic and formerly from the state, on the PFS. He talked about the closed playing field that is college football today and said the only solution is for Saban to retire. He also spoke critically on all the assistant coaches leaving Beamer’s staff, almost like it was a reflection on Beamer and not the assistants. JK really is a loser.

I don’t know his real allegiance but it honestly embarrasses me that the guy has any nominal association with the gamecocks. JK and people like him need to go.

The long term future with Beamer is bright but it will be a slow roll. Investing in young hungry and capable coaches with ties to the school, the state, and Beamer himself is the right way to go. As has been well stated, recycling an SEC retread is a failed proposition. The chaos that Auburn has caused is a short term problem for us but will be a long term problem for them when they wake to the reality that they have stolen a bunch of 2 and 3 win coaches. Prospects will be brighter in 2-4 years after Mullen goes to NFL, UT goes on probation, and Dabo has his sex change. I don’t know about UGA. Maybe they fire him for never winning beating Bama. But seriously things should get better when there is more Oxygen in the room. In the meantime Carolina should leverage its strengths: Facilities, Fans, Administrative Support, committed staffing, and Beamer. We would be wise to (1) study the modicum of success that MO has quietly had over the past decade, and (2) heavily recruit the states of MD, DE, VA, PA, and NC where the Beamer name and Carolina’s proximity as the closest SEC school should give us some edge.

Finally, I know no one asked my opinion and I have no inside information. In advance, thanks for pointing that out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News