ADVERTISEMENT

Just a fan's thoughts on how to turn it around...

gamedawg#

Dec 16, 2003
right now USC is in similar position as Clemson under Tommy West. No offense and little excitement. If I am Shane, the absolute #1 thing I have to do is get a program changing QB. Football today is a "skills competition" (Tom Brady's words, not mine). The rules are slanted to offense and QB play at every level.

That said, the top priority of this staff is to find or develop a QB. It may be Gauthier or Braden Davis, who knows? It may be via the transfer portal (which IMO is a huge opportunity for USC). But the absolute 1st priority of every coach on this staff is to identify the best QB in their geographic region and pursue him no matter who else is recruiting them. The #1 priority of Shane is to go to and personally take the QB recruiting on himself. He can do it. We have to cast a wide net and sell the opportunity (like Spurrier did) of doing things that have never been done here.

Get a sit down with Gunner Stockton and the Shaws and explain why he should reconsider USC. Throw the full court press on Dylan Lonergan. Go to the best QBs in America and sell them on the opportunity here. Cast a wide net and sell USC. Like me when I was single, eventually one will slip up and say yes.;)

- Clemson started turning when they landed Tajh Boyd...which led to Watson...which led Lawrence...which led to DJ (although he's been awful).
- Get a QB and you start landing better skill guys to play with that QB.
- Get better skills and you start winning more games, or at least putting an offense on the field that is entertaining.
- Do these things and magically your OL and DL recruiting improves because guys want to be part of something succesful.

The turnaround of any program all starts with finding a program changing quarterback.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News