ADVERTISEMENT

Just curious, wonder if Muschamp's buy-out has a "for cause" exclusion.

Scuba_do

Sep 8, 2010
Richmond, Va
And if so, would the recruiting violations qualify as "for cause" termination of contract?

And let me make it clear before I get blasted, I'm not saying he should be fired.

Reactions: 75CarolinaFan
You guys really need to let go of your Muschamp thing.

One, he's not going to be let go, nor should that even be entertained at this point.

Two, you have no idea what we have because you've been told what you're supposed to believe by the espn talking heads.

We're good.

(yeah I know; loser mentality, mediocrity, Tanner, settling, Clemson, blah blah blah blah.)

I’m sure it does have a for cause but it would be for something like cheating on his wife, hookers, domestic violence, DUI...as far as recruiting I’m sure if he was directly involved with a major recruiting violation yes, but sending a text by an assistant coach isn’t major.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
You guys really need to let go of your Muschamp thing.

One, he's not going to be let go, nor should that even be entertained at this point.

Two, you have no idea what we have because you've been told what you're supposed to believe by the espn talking heads.

We're good.

(yeah I know; loser mentality, mediocrity, Tanner, settling, Clemson, blah blah blah blah.)
Dude,
how about re-read the OP, step away from your phone or keyboard, and take a deep breath. Relax!

Yes it does. Under “for cause”, it says “failure to keep at least 75% support on the Fighting Gamecock Forum”. By my calculations, he was gone about halfway through the Georgia game ;)

Reactions: OldWiseCock
And if so, would the recruiting violations qualify as "for cause" termination of contract?

And let me make it clear before I get blasted, I'm not saying he should be fired.

I think you pose a legit question but of course there are enough keyboard warriors hanging around to misinterpret and bash.

I think any contract for any coach at USC should include a clause for possible termination if the program they are in charge of ends up on NCAA probation. People can belittle these charges all they want (and yes i think the are FAR from anything serious) but it is an NCAA probation and now the program overall suffers from the bad press and PR of countless articles all over the web leading off with some version of "South Carolina hit with probation".

One real question I have is why in the world would our adminsitration self impose these sancations that most agree are too severe for the infraction? That's on Tanner.

I’m sure it does have a for cause but it would be for something like cheating on his wife, hookers, domestic violence, DUI...as far as recruiting I’m sure if he was directly involved with a major recruiting violation yes, but sending a text by an assistant coach isn’t major.

This.

I also agree with USC2USC. The sanctions are too severe for the infraction. At least as it was reported. Not sure why that happened. Could it be there is more to it than what was released?

This.

I also agree with USC2USC. The sanctions are too severe for the infraction. At least as it was reported. Not sure why that happened. Could it be there is more to it than what was released?
I believed it was worsened because we very recently had the violation where Dillman worked out the high school kid.

Conspiracy Theory:
And our recruiting success would hurt Clemson, and UGA, and NCAA needs Clemson relevant for ACC and UGA relevant for SEC East, no place for us. Could also add we’re stepping on UNCs toes and NCAA needs a relevant ACC team to challenge Clemson?

Why even make these dumb post? USC has played it's best 3 game stretch in years and you want to talk about getting rid of him? Get a life!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT