ADVERTISEMENT

Just for fun, clempson discussion and playoff

uscusc1987

May 30, 2008
What if Ohio State or Michigan State goes undefeated. Utah goes undefeated. TCU or Baylor goes undefeated, and the SEC champion goes 12-1. Clempson goes undefeated. Do they make the playoff if these are the results at the end? Obviously just 1 loss knocks them out with the schedule they play. No significant road games and Notre dame and FSU at home.
I have said it before clempsons chance is better this year than next year. Playing road games at auburn, FSU, and Georgia Tech makes going undefeated much more difficult.

IF Clem wins out and wins the ACC championship, there's no chance in heck they get left out of the playoff. No way... unless they're #5. In that case weak ACC and non-conference (they play us, remember?) schedules spell their doom. But I just can't see the "selection" committee leaving them out.

I highly doubt we are going to have 4 undefeated teams. Utah survived last night but still have UCLA and USC. TCU and Baylor obviously play each other plus Oklahoma. TCU is lucky to be undefeated right now. Michigan looks great. They can easily beat Michigan State or Ohio State. Clemson is in if they go undefeated.

Well the real question was in my scenario does a 1 loss sec schampion 12-1 get in before a 13-0 acc champion. Be that, FSU or Clempson. I still think Clempson loses a game anyway.

Clemson only has 2 games, they may lose FSU and at Miami. Jesus, BC got beat by WF 3-0.

E-mails , phone calls to Tanner. Demand him to put a product on the field that we all can be satisfied with. A lot of money has been put into our football department and we have nothing to show for it except 5 straight wins over our rival. It's time for Spurrier to clean house or else.

Only one or two teams will go undefeated. Big twelve sucks as a whole and doesn't have a championship game. They'll end up left out again unless another conference's champ has multiple losses. If Clemson goes undefeated they'll be in the playoff and deserve to be there. It's not easy to do for anyone. Ole Miss can win out and eliminate Bama. If they don't win their division they won't make the playoff. I think miss state beats bama anyway. SEC might get left out this year.

There's no question though if Clem goes undefeated they're in. Big twelve is the only conference where an undefeated could get left out. They need a championship game

Clemson has kinda killed the talk lately we used to be able to use that they just win games in the acc. They've beaten quite a few of the big boys across the country lately and probably have as good of a resume against "name" teams as anyone the last several years. If they make the playoffs they've earned it

All this and I think we go undefeated against ACC teams. No bowl however, we'll play that on Nov. 28th.

All this and I think we go undefeated against ACC teams. No bowl however, we'll play that on Nov. 28th.

You think we best Clemson? This is arguably their best team in many years and clearly our worst under Spurrier. Would be great but it's gotten so bad I haven't even been getting any ribbing from Clemson buddies lately

Just for the record can someone tell me the sec teams Dabo has beat on the road in his 7 years. Not neutral site, but true road games in a sec venue?

The fact that our staff has effed off for the past 3 years while Dabo has built a program pisses the hell out of me. I hope our coaches read this site and this post.

Reactions: bmhood1984
I believe if Clemson runs the table, they will be in the playoffs. The only thing standing between them and an undefeated season would be another injury to their quarterback. I do not believe there is anyone on their schedule currently that will beat them right now. I honestly thought GT would give them a game and GT was destroyed in Death Valley. I look for more of the same when FSU comes to Clemson for their match-up. When you look at their recruiting classes these past five years, they has consistently out performed Carolina and many of their classes (if not all) were in the top ten. Baylor and TCU will take care of itself. Only one will advance as the Big 12 representative. *The same goes for Ohio State and Michigan State. (*Only one will move forward from the Big 10. If Michigan runs the table and wins the championship, they would be in the final four as the representative of the Big Ten. "Haubaugh U" is my dark horse candidate.) Utah may be the best team in their league, but I see at least one loss for them this season and no representative from the Pac 12 in the final four. If LSU runs the table, they will be the SEC representative in the final four. Big 10, Big 12, ACC, and SEC are my picks for the final four this season. That is how I see it playing out this year. My picks are Clemson, Baylor, Michigan, and LSU.

Last edited:
Notre Dame was on their 3rd string QB and almost pulled it out. GT was rolling before they were decimated with injuries. Miami and FSU have a chance against Clemson and the Miami game is at Miami. Notre Dame also showed in the 2nd half how to attack Clemson's defense and you know Miami and FSU is going to see that on the film. Also, sometimes Raliegh has been tough on Clemson so I wouldn't rule out NCSU either.

Notre Dame didn't show anything. Clemson went two deep high safeties and notre Dame threw underneath against the prevent. Clemson is a very very good team this year. We might as well admit it. They have very good offense and defense. Clemson will destroy Miami and FSU. FSU has turned into a running team and they aren't running the ball successfully on Clem. Miami isn't in Clemson's league

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT