ADVERTISEMENT

Just for fun: what would last night's score have been if Muschamp was still coach

We would have attempted at least 2 FGs of 55 plus yards. We wouldn’t have faked an extra point. We would not have had a shutout because guys would lack the tackling fundamentals. We would have received a few stupid personal fouls, but the players would have stayed in the game.

Gamecocks 23 Eastern Illinois 10

We would have attempted at least 2 FGs of 55 plus yards. We wouldn’t have faked an extra point. We would not have had a shutout because guys would lack the tackling fundamentals. We would have received a few stupid personal fouls, but the players would have stayed in the game.

Gamecocks 23 Eastern Illinois 10
And no way in hell would we have gone for 2. Blasphemy!

• Haha
Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I’m just thankful he’s not here!
I shudder to think of the play sequence under Muschamp if we had gotten the ball on a short field with 1:33 left until halftime.
Probably would have called a few running plays, got the ball inside the 10 yard line and abandoned the run for the pass. Three incompletions later, kick a field goal.

I’m just thankful he’s not here!

Probably would have called a few running plays, got the ball inside the 10 yard line and abandoned the run for the pass. Three incompletions later, kick a field goal.
And we’d have only played one running back. We might have seen Brown with 4 seconds left in the game, he’d come in to hand it off one last time or kneel down.

17-10 - maybe. He lost the team by the end of last year. There was no hope of recruiting properly or replacing the kids that left via the transfer-portal.

Last edited:
32-10 - W Not close, but unsatisfying.

Just top of my head...

The first TD wouldn't be a 2 point conversion.
The second TD would have been FG when it was 4th and goal from the 3 yard line.
The second quarter would have been sputtered and 3 points total in the quarter.
5 more 15-yard personal foul penalties.
No discipline on defense..

We wouldn't have a GA coach as our QB and Noland wouldn't think of coming to Carolina if Muschamp still here. HR3 would still be here because Bobo wouldn't have to chase him off... DAK would have seen the same play calls at QB... And we wouldn't see the bench empty out in a blow out to get some playing time..

Oh yeah, the 5 players suspended before the game wouldn't have happened, Muschamp wouldn't do a damn thing for what ever they did to be suspended ...

the score may have been 24 - 17...

With that said we did have two TD's called back because of penalties. 1 on defense INT - pick 6 called back on holding and a long TD run called back on a holding call... We still have some players who can't break a Muschamp bad coaching habit in their heads...

Oh yeah, in the last 5 minutes we wouldn't score with our 3rd string and 4th string team by running the ball and we would take a knee with 2 minutes towards the half and 2 minutes towards the end of the game. I loved that we kept running the ball with 20 second left in the game. Don't stop playing or coaching at the end...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT