ADVERTISEMENT

Just for fun...

AngloCock

Mar 23, 2009
Now that Skai is coming back as QB of the defense, what would our record have been this year if Jake was ready to start game #1 and Skai had been healthy at LB the whole year? I'd say that the difference would be 9 wins instead of 6. Whatcha think?

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Now that Skai is coming back as QB of the defense, what would our record have been this year if Jake was ready to start game #1 and Skai had been healthy at LB the whole year? I'd say that the difference would be 9 wins instead of 6. Whatcha think?
Undefeated I think.

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
I could see 8 wins...we weren't good enough in the trenches for more than that...But Moore's tremendous speed on defense would have helped in several key games
I would tend to agree, but Skai covered a multitude of sins in years past. Still think we could have overcome with a few interceptions and caused fumbles from Skai to give us 9.

I would say Jake helps us beat UK and Skai helps us beat USF. That gets us at least 8 wins. Jake might have helped us beat UGA as well.

We are not that far from being a 8-9 win team, especially if we can land a great recruiting class.

Same record? We couldn't score 14 a game before Jake. Do you all remember the tackles and interceptions by Skai a year ago? At least two more wins and now we have growth, age, and weight room time.

The more relevant question is how many more we'll have next year if they are both able to play all 12 games.

It's easy to say if they had both played all games this year, we'd have probably won a couple of more and that's probably true. But starting a true freshman on the road in the SEC, even at Vanderbilt, might very well have earned us a loss.

Maybe Kentucky in the regular season.

A road game in the SEC is tough, but had Bentley started Vandy we probably would have lost that one.

It would have been a wash in my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT