ADVERTISEMENT

Just stood in line with Chris Long at lunch

jjjpppbbb

Jun 10, 2010
I thought he would be bigger. He is tall, but looked like he's lost a ton of weight since the SB. I bet the weight falls off those guys super fast if they are not working out all the time. Must be like a second job.

I thought he would be bigger. He is tall, but looked like he's lost a ton of weight since the SB. I bet the weight falls off those guys super fast if they are not working out all the time. Must be like a second job.
Where were you? In Columbia?

There is a boy from SC that bicycled across America and raised about $700,000 for safe water around the world.

Once the pads come off, those guys look more normal size. Don't get me wrong-they're still great athletes. One other thing is, 270 with low body fat looks leaner than your normal person weighing 270 pounds like you and me.

I find as I get older and bigger then others begin to look smaller or not as big as they used to unfortunately

Reactions: SCexpat38
Translation - he doesn't agree with you politically MAGA? There is such a loss of civility in this country.
He said the same old tired crap last year and the funny thing is he didn't contribute one bit to that victory. This year I think he might have had one tackle. The guy acts like he's Bruce Smith when reality is he's a nobody. He's living off his dad's last name and legacy. He's a below average player at best. He loves a camera though. He's known for the things he says, not for the plays he makes because he flat out sucks.

He said the same old tired crap last year and the funny thing is he didn't contribute one bit to that victory. This year I think he might have had one tackle. The guy acts like he's Bruce Smith when reality is he's a nobody. He's living off his dad's last name and legacy. He's a below average player at best. He loves a camera though. He's known for the things he says, not for the plays he makes because he flat out sucks.
Lots a guys who played in the league who wash out after a few years and don't have 5 sacks in their 10th year. Average? maybe you could make a case. Below average? No way. I don't think Bruce Smith donated a year's salary to charity - but then again, I don't really know.

I guess only people that are above average in their sports are allowed to state their opinions? How about Chipper Jones? D Wade? Lebron James? Maybe you never liked them either.

Once the pads come off, those guys look more normal size. Don't get me wrong-they're still great athletes. One other thing is, 270 with low body fat looks leaner than your normal person weighing 270 pounds like you and me.
Very true. I am 6'2", 240lbs and am in pretty good shape. Most people think I weigh in the 225 range. I guarantee that if I stood by C.L. he would look bigger and stronger than me. I bet he easily in the 260-270 range.

I find as I get older and bigger then others begin to look smaller or not as big as they used to unfortunately

Same here. And one piece of advice to you young fellows out there thinking about getting married.

Everything on a woman gets bigger, hairer and closer to the ground as they age. It's gravity.

Except, of course, my wife.

Lots a guys who played in the league who wash out after a few years and don't have 5 sacks in their 10th year. Average? maybe you could make a case. Below average? No way. I don't think Bruce Smith donated a year's salary to charity - but then again, I don't really know.

I guess only people that are above average in their sports are allowed to state their opinions? How about Chipper Jones? D Wade? Lebron James? Maybe you never liked them either.
I don't have a problem with him or anyone else speaking their opinion. I'm just saying if I'm on a team and the player that never contributes is always sticking his face in front of a camera talking about everything but football, I'm going to be a little pissed off that I have to share a locker room with a drama queen. So he donated to charity, big deal. Watson did the same thing, JJ Watt raises money for charity every year. The only reason people know who Chris Long even is, is because his dad is Howie. That's the only reason. You can't argue that he's known more for his rants than he is his play on the field.

I don't have a problem with him or anyone else speaking their opinion. I'm just saying if I'm on a team and the player that never contributes is always sticking his face in front of a camera talking about everything but football, I'm going to be a little pissed off that I have to share a locker room with a drama queen. So he donated to charity, big deal. Watson did the same thing, JJ Watt raises money for charity every year. The only reason people know who Chris Long even is, is because his dad is Howie. That's the only reason. You can't argue that he's known more for his rants than he is his play on the field.
His name certainly raises his profile, but anyone who donates an entire year's salary is going to get some air time. To say that he never contributes is also pretty silly. 5 sacks is contributing. 104 all time in sacks - more than most DE in the league

You don't like him. Got it. But don't belittle a guy's achievements because you don't like his politics. That's being uncivil (which was the original reason I chimed in here... trying to make FGF more civil...laughing at myself now).

Reactions: VirgilCaine

I guess only people that are above average in their sports are allowed to state their opinions? .
I don't care about his opinions, but can't we all agree that anybody occupying a roster spot on any major league team is WELL above average in their sport? Truth be known, I'm probably average as football players go across our society - which means I make a living doing something else. Anybody who rode a bench in a Super Bowl would be in the 99.99th percentile of all football players.

His name certainly raises his profile, but anyone who donates an entire year's salary is going to get some air time. To say that he never contributes is also pretty silly. 5 sacks is contributing. 104 all time in sacks - more than most DE in the league

You don't like him. Got it. But don't belittle a guy's achievements because you don't like his politics. That's being uncivil (which was the original reason I chimed in here... trying to make FGF more civil...laughing at myself now).
He's never made the pro bowl and he's been in the league almost 10 years. Melvin Ingram is 10x the defensive end that Long is. When I think of a playmaker Melvin Ingram is tops on the list. He's made a couple of pro bowls too.

He's never made the pro bowl and he's been in the league almost 10 years. Melvin Ingram is 10x the defensive end that Long is. When I think of a playmaker Melvin Ingram is tops on the list. He's made a couple of pro bowls too.
I'm a bit confused. You're now saying that if you don't make the Pro Bowl, you're below average? I'm not sure if that is logical. The Pro Bowl is reserved for well-above-average players - even if you make it in only after someone else pulls out (as did Ingram this year).

It seems like that is what you are saying because you've said that Long "never contributes," "sucks," and is "below average." An inspection of the statistics proves otherwise on this regard. Although he is certainly not a candidate for Canton, he's had a solid career.

Perhaps your reaction is more about Long's rather pointed tweets than about his playing ability. Calling someone names or disparaging their accomplishments because of a political disagreement is not "civil" and several leaders in our country should lead by example.

Just stop dude, you obviously have a beef because of his political statements.

I'm a bit confused. You're now saying that if you don't make the Pro Bowl, you're below average? I'm not sure if that is logical. The Pro Bowl is reserved for well-above-average players - even if you make it in only after someone else pulls out (as did Ingram this year).

It seems like that is what you are saying because you've said that Long "never contributes," "sucks," and is "below average." An inspection of the statistics proves otherwise on this regard. Although he is certainly not a candidate for Canton, he's had a solid career.

Perhaps your reaction is more about Long's rather pointed tweets than about his playing ability. Calling someone names or disparaging their accomplishments because of a political disagreement is not "civil" and several leaders in our country should lead by example.
He had some decent years with the Rams. He didn't produce in New England and wasn't real impressive with the Eagles. All I'm saying is for the media time he gets, it's not because of his play. Leading up to the Super Bowl what kind of moron gets all political? His mind was more on making a statement about not visiting the White House more than on the game. Crap like that divides locker rooms, and not because of politics but shows a lack of focus on the biggest game of the year. Sorry but a 10 year pro should know better, especially one that had just played in the Super Bowl the year prior. That's not a good way to set an example for the younger guys.

There is no way that that dude weighs 270 today.

I just heard on Golic & Wingo during an interview with Chris Long that he just got back from climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa and that he lost "a lot of weight" , he wouldn't say how much, during the process. He also raised a money in the process to provide clean water for the indigenous population.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT