ADVERTISEMENT

Just wondering.... is there any way Muschamp can become a Swinney?

I love this, and it is what keeps me coming back. I'll call it a guilty (and sad) pleasure. "Dabo is a freaking idiot who just happens to have lucked into two national championships."

Fun fact: There are only 5 active coaches with national championships, and UofSC faced 4 of 5 this year. Can the Gamecocks get Kansas on the schedule soon?
You said he’s an idiot not me. Although I get where you are coming from with that. That said whether you want to admit it or not no one expected this after year 5 there and it wasn’t until he brought in actual coaches and just stuck to the microphone that the winning began.

Our last season was a fail. So it’s not looking like Muschamp will be an all time great or anything. I honestly hope that changes and he turns things around to win an SEC championship or something.

We’ll see how the team performs the first game next season. I’m hoping that BoBo guy can get the offense scoring some points. They have all off season to improve. But I thought getting blown out by UVA last year would have a lit a fire under the team. But they were even worse this year. Didn’t even qualify for a bowl.

May be getting blown out by UVA is a sign of things to come. Maybe this is WMs ceiling. That team was totally unmotivated. That is a very bad sign.

From what I heard from people in the know was that we did not even use the full complement of practices before the Bowl. That sends a bad signal to the players that the game is unimportant.

Anyway, for us to have expectations that this coach can get the job done after all of the evidence in front of us is foolhardy on our part. I was hoping we would bite the bullet and make a fresh start. But in this case we would need to make changes in the AD office first.

From a strategic point of view the changes have to be made with the AD first. The next would be the HC. If the MBB tanks then changes will have to be made there too. Just a monstrosity of changes. We are deep in manure. I just hope BB also does not go South.

Swinney realizes he is simply a used car salesmen who stumbled his way into success. He knows he isn’t a coach and has done everything he can to separate himself from anything but recruiting and press conferences.

Muschamp still thinks he has some coaching ability. Until he realizes otherwise the answer is no.
Lol! Ahhhh yeeeeeeeaaaa

Reactions: DocSmith89
I wish everybody would lay off the Appalachian loss. We had worse losses than losing to them. They're good.
True. Given their history. You should never schedule them Everything to lose, nothing to gain.

Reactions: SOSUSC
I hate to say it but Dabo has done a masterful job. They have recruiting and marketing down to a science. At this point, you have to give the devil his due. Right now, Clemson has the best program in the country. We have a bunch of incompetent jackasses running the show and we are being absolutely screwed both financially and by the lack of give a damn about on the field performance. Our product speaks for itself. Either demand accountability or nothing changes. Do you remember Kinlaw’s comments after the uga game? #notadime

I really, really would like to believe that everything will work out next year and we will be a force to reckon with in the SEC East. But, I don't. And I doubt any Gamecock fan feels differently. I think we all know, deep down inside, that Muschamp is not a changed coach. He will continue wanting his offense to be conservative in order to protect his defense, hoping to win like he did at Georgia this year in a low scoring game. I think most of us will make a short list of successful Head Coaches to keep an eye on during the 2020 season, as possible replacements. As Steve Spurrier used to say, "It is what it is".

Does anyone else realize muschamp has never had a QB he signed not transfer?

2010 (UF)- Tyler Murphy (transferred to Boston Coolege)
2011 (UF)- Jeff Driskel (transferred to La Tech) & Jacoby Brisett (NC State)
2012 (UF)- Skylar Mornhinweg (Columbia University)
2013 (UF)- Max Staver (Houston Baptist)
2014 (UF)- Will Grier (WVU)
2016- Brandon Mcllwain (Cal) & Jake Bentley (Utah)
2017- Jay Urich (still on team)
2018- Dak Joyner (Still on team)
2019- Ryan Hilinski (Still on team)

So technically Urich it's going to be the first muschamp QB to graduate

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Does anyone else realize muschamp has never had a QB he signed not transfer?

2010 (UF)- Tyler Murphy (transferred to Boston Coolege)
2011 (UF)- Jeff Driskel (transferred to La Tech) & Jacoby Brisett (NC State)
2012 (UF)- Skylar Mornhinweg (Columbia University)
2013 (UF)- Max Staver (Houston Baptist)
2014 (UF)- Will Grier (WVU)
2016- Brandon Mcllwain (Cal) & Jake Bentley (Utah)
2017- Jay Urich (still on team)
2018- Dak Joyner (Still on team)
2019- Ryan Hilinski (Still on team)

So technically Urich it's going to be the first muschamp QB to graduate
Wow. I knew he had a horrible history with QBs. But I never realized they all transferred.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I wish everybody would lay off the Appalachian loss. We had worse losses than losing to them. They're good.
The reason they're good is because of coaching. They didn't have a single 4 star player on their team. We have multiple, with a 5 star and several future NFL players. We should be able to win on talent alone. But Muschamp's coaching is so pathetic we don't, while only mustering a measly 15 points against them.

It's a giant combination of cheating, coaching, peds, etc, etc. Dumbo learned at Bama so Champ will need to catch up with that.

Grier was using PED'S, and Macklwein sucked. Jake would still be here but RH is better if he has an OL worth a crap

Have scripted speech ready to butcher your rival....Have police officer fired for a traffic stop....Sleep with his mom for three years.....Own the campus police dept and campus news network....Allow cocaine induced players to return to team with little punishment.....Assault and battery is acceptable if player agrees to community service......Robbery is acceptable practice among players without prosecution.....Paying players with handshakes and jobs they don't attend.....bring in players parents and set up on lakefront home and a new high paying job.

I just don't think Muschamp has it in him to be like dablows.
You hot that right!

I hate to say it but Dabo has done a masterful job. They have recruiting and marketing down to a science. At this point, you have to give the devil his due. Right now, Clemson has the best program in the country. We have a bunch of incompetent jackasses running the show and we are being absolutely screwed both financially and by the lack of give a damn about on the field performance. Our product speaks for itself. Either demand accountability or nothing changes. Do you remember Kinlaw’s comments after the uga game? #notadime

What did Kinlaw say?

Dabo is pulling scholarship offers from 5 star linebackers (Justin Flowe) because another 5 star linebacker was all but begging for an offer. This is a level of boss that Muschamp can only have wet dreams about.

While they do have some similarities; passion for the game and a disdain for the media for example, Swinney seems to understand that Clemson is a brand and cultivates it as such. As a far as I can tell, he runs the program like a CEO; delegating responsibilities to competent but overpaid subordinates. On the field product and brand awareness are supreme, not personal loyalties. Muschamp might have been a great coach pre-1990s when the military model prevailed (tear them down as individuals, and build them back up as a single unit).

Keep in mind I've never met either man and my only experience playing organized football was intramural flag football (and I sucked at that).

Reactions: flyfisher29640
He will never be a Dilbert. Dabo had a vision from the jump. That never wavered. I said it last year and I said it this year, blowing off the bowl practices (which are gifts) is incompetence in itself. If nothing else give your 2nd and 3rd teamers plenty of reps because when your starters of your most talented team are out....well, you know the rest. I saw some article around the ACCCG where Bronco felt the bowl practices the past few years had really helped the team, so of course we don’t do it, we brag about saving money in recruiting.....that’s taking shortcuts. It is not we will not be outworked. Yes the hell we will. By practically everyone on our schedule. But, cleaning house will set us back 5 years. What’s gonna happen in 5 years are similar posts, because honestly I see Moose and Rain Man here until 2024. There is nothing to indicate that won’t happen.

I also found this article. Yes Virginia got clobbered last week, but they would still beat us easily. We couldn’t handle Bryce Perkins, and we absolutely can’t score. Only a fool thinks Dabo wasn’t taking it easy on Muschamp. He might be a lot of things, but dumb ain’t one of them. Hell, Dabo even said he likes Bronco a lot, but I know he doesn’t like Boom after that wife comment. The fact both he (and a bunch of clueless Carolina fans both want him to stay is telling). He is absolutely no threat to become a “Swinney”. 8 years is enough of a sample size, I guess I’ll be proven wrong when we’re 7-5 in late November 2020.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ri...35a15c19-690a-51cb-bbb6-ddb2214b6831.amp.html

Also, how many Ex Clemson players is on their staff? How many are on ours?

Clemson, has 4 during the run

Tony Elliott
Jeff Scott ( I know he is leaving)
Brandon Streeter
Danny Pearman

How many do we have?

Dabo just promoted another Clemson Alumini recently to fill Jeff Scott's spot as Wr's coach, Tyler Grisham who Dabo recruited to Clemson and was coached by Dabo while playing at Clemson.

You mean allow players to hit women ?
Get police officers fired ?
Give players ostarine without their knowledge
Players do cocaine
Players grab other teams players inappropriate?
Oh you mean win games no matter what ?
Please provide the dates and proof of funds he accusations you are spewing forth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT