ADVERTISEMENT

Keep Muschamp but—

Burninlove

Mar 28, 2013
Coach needs to remove our defense of coordinator and hire Brent Venables assistants and offensive of assistants. Pay like we’ve never paid before and Let’s give them some of their own medicine. Ergo, Brad SCOTT.

Brent Venables is a good defense coach because he has the best players. They have a dozen players (or more) on their two deep defensive rotation that will play in the NFL.
We might have 3

Brent Venables is a good defense coach because he has the best players. They have a dozen players (or more) on their two deep defensive rotation that will play in the NFL.
We might have 3

He recruited those players. He could do it again. It’s not like he intherited at great defense. He inherited the guys who gave up 70 to WVU.

We might have 3
He may have great players, but he is an excellent, aggressive DC. Would kill to have somebody like him.

You already have him.
112.gif

Just read some of my posts, Einstein...I'm no Clemson fan.

TRob is good. We didn`t have enough good players to begin with and we have been decimated by injuries. Let the coaches recruit, like their doing, and go get more good players.

TRob is good. We didn`t have enough good players to begin with and we have been decimated by injuries. Let the coaches recruit, like their doing, and go get more good players.

T-Rob sucks. This defense is a joke. He can recruit and that’s why he’s our D Coordinator. But we are getting worse and worse. This is so bad it can’t be fixed in a year or two. So what, we just keep trusting in T-Rob and hope he does fix it? Imagine if it’s still this bad 3 years from now and we are still 2-3 years from fixing it? Not me...get rid of his butt. He’s highly sought because he can recruit. We need coordinators that can coach.

Reactions: ddw1263

T-Rob sucks. This defense is a joke. He can recruit and that’s why he’s our D Coordinator. But we are getting worse and worse. This is so bad it can’t be fixed in a year or two. So what, we just keep trusting in T-Rob and hope he does fix it? Imagine if it’s still this bad 3 years from now and we are still 2-3 years from fixing it? Not me...get rid of his butt. He’s highly sought because he can recruit. We need coordinators that can coach.
Thing is, even if he does suck, we are supposed to have a HC that is a defensive guru? In other words, T-Rob could bring them in and Muschamp helps coach them up.

I think T-Rob will be fine. Muschamp needs to take a hands off approach to the offense (if BMac fails, it needs to be on his own accord). Hire a DL coach, move Thompson to LBs. Throw money at a high quality proven S&C coach.

Thing is, even if he does suck, we are supposed to have a HC that is a defensive guru? In other words, T-Rob could bring them in and Muschamp helps coach them up.

I think T-Rob will be fine. Muschamp needs to take a hands off approach to the offense (if BMac fails, it needs to be on his own accord). Hire a DL coach, move Thompson to LBs. Throw money at a high quality proven S&C coach.

I’m pleased offensively. Our defense gave up just shy of 400 against a poor offensive team. That’s on T-Rob and Muschamp as far as I’m concerned. Muschamp isn’t going to fire himself.

You know as well as i do Trob is going nowhere.He will be here till Champ is gone or he gets a head coaching job.Just the way it is, champ aint firing him thats for sure

Reactions: Carolina4
You know as well as i do Trob is going nowhere.He will be here till Champ is gone or he gets a head coaching job.Just the way it is, champ aint firing him thats for sure

No doubt. No changes will be made. Talent will help but it’ll take 2-3 years to see much improvement.

Why is T-Rob safe !?! This defense is as bad or worse than Whammy’s joke of a defense in 2014 . I’m sick of Wait until we get the players excuse” . Nobody these guys have brought in the last 3 years on defense have shown me jack . I’m still not convinced one bit Muschamp can bring in recruits any better than Spurrier . If you can’t win you can’t recruit and if you lose badly you definitely can’t recruit . I’m tired of the excuses . You won’t beat out UGA and Clemson for elite recruits when you blow games like this and show the country you are still the same guy who was at Florida .

No doubt. No changes will be made. Talent will help but it’ll take 2-3 years to see much improvement.
I know its hard to take brother, I wanted to break the damn tv today.I used to not talk to my wife n kids after a game like today or any standard loss but had to realize its a damn game ,no need to stroke out...lol

Reactions: Carolina4
Here's the recruiting problem. People say let us keep getting the recruits and things will work out. Just say we average 18th the next 3 years. That would be a good haul but how do we catch up with recruiting when UGA, Clemson, Florida, Alabama, Texas Am, Tenn, among others will recruit better than that. The reality is most seasons we'll be putting lesser athletes on the field against over half our schedule.

Why is T-Rob safe !?! This defense is as bad or worse than Whammy’s joke of a defense in 2014 . I’m sick of Wait until we get the players excuse” . Nobody these guys have brought in the last 3 years on defense have shown me jack . I’m still not convinced one bit Muschamp can bring in recruits any better than Spurrier . If you can’t win you can’t recruit and if you lose badly you definitely can’t recruit . I’m tired of the excuses . You won’t beat out UGA and Clemson for elite recruits when you blow games like this and show the country you are still the same guy who was at Florida .
Well I get it ,but he is bringing in a 5 star dlineman and a cpl other 4 star defensive ends. LOS is where it starts and his guys like enagbare and sandidge already look good they just need more reps and some more training table and more time in Dillmans dungeon

Here's the recruiting problem. People say let us keep getting the recruits and things will work out. Just say we average 18th the next 3 years. That would be a good haul but how do we catch up with recruiting when UGA, Clemson, Florida, Alabama, Texas Am, Tenn, among others will recruit better than that. The reality is most seasons we'll be putting lesser athletes on the field against over half our schedule.
Not sure that changes bossman unless someone named Nicky Saban commits to us brother.I feel your pain though i really do.Im right there with you and like i said call me crazy or a damn fool but i gotta believe Champ will get us there.Come to think of it ,I probably am a fool but oh well

I also think if we stick with the uptempo ALL game that can help once we do get the guys on the LOS that we need.

Coach champ will get us there.

Wr were in great position to win today, something nobody thought we would be. Our defense struggled the second half, but nobody expected Bentley to play like he did. How is this on champ?

Coach champ will get us there.

Wr were in great position to win today, something nobody thought we would be. Our defense struggled the second half, but nobody expected Bentley to play like he did. How is this on champ?
Champ made the call to go conservative on offense in the fourth quarter, knowing our D couldn't stop a runny nose. That gave Florida all the momentum.

Coaching jobs are only safe when the fanbase doesn't demand more. Muschamp had a winning record at Florida, but was fired after losing to us. Yet it seems to be a common acceptance that he automatically gets five years here because... well, that's what we do.

It's called coaching! Look at Mich St, Washington, Wisconsin and even Clemson until 3-4yrs ago. Look at what Chris Peterson did at Boise until he went to a Power 5 with better resources and started getting 3* players. I think Dabo won the first Natty without a 4yr trend of top 10 classes for like 19yrs since Stoops at Ok. Those numbers may not be exact but they are close. But now Clem is not going backwards with the national recognition.

That said, Spurrier left top 20 recruiting classes when he left, the roster was not bare like most like to say. What he did forget to do was fill gaps but 4yrs later you would think some if the gaps would be filled.

Unfortunately my belief in Champ is dowdling(ha, see what I did there?) I see a team that plays well for a qtr then disappoints, I think that is coaching due to regularity!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT