ADVERTISEMENT

Kennedy Center gets $25 million in bill, lays off entire orchestra hours later

I heard that if all of the stimulus money was going directly to the taxpayers, we would be getting $24,000 checks, not $1000. That should tell you all you need to know about how the government squanders money.

I’d like to see confirmation of that. Really hope that isn’t true.

I’d like to see confirmation of that. Really hope that isn’t true.

It likely is. Think about it, not even all Americans will get a pay check. The ones that do aren’t getting much.

Most of the money will end up in corporations or government programs.

http://njtoday.net/2020/03/28/a-senior-citizen-assesses-the-trump-bailout/

I was a little bit off; every American citizen would get $6000, regardless of age, income, or whether they pay taxes. That would mean an average family of 4 would get $24,000. Still, that should tell you something. Most of this borrowed stimulus money isn’t going directly to the American people.

Sounds good, until they realized they wouldn't have job to go back to after that runs out.

Reactions: Cybercock
Nothing should have been in the package...except help for those affected by virus. Both parties put in not necessary items...that is the way our country operates these days! One thing the Republicans put in the bill was 10 billion for Pentagon.

Those who don’t make enough to pay income tax...may not get anything! How is the hoax working for these folks!

Last edited:
Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Nothing should have been in the package...except help for those affected by virus. Both parties put in not necessary items...that is the way our country operates these days!
Those who don’t make enough to pay income tax...may not get anything! How is the hoax working for these folks!

If they get laid off, they will get the extra $600 a week, which will probably end up giving them more than they normally make.

Reactions: Cybercock
If they get laid off, they will get the extra $600 a week, which will probably end up giving them more than they normally make.
If they don’t get laid off...and make so little that they don’t have to pay income tax...they get nothing! Sad!

If they don’t get laid off...and make so little that they don’t have to pay income tax...they get nothing! Sad!
This is incorrect, there is a separate form those people would file to then receive the stimulus. I don’t know the IRS form number off the top of my head but was one of the questions answered by congressman Jeff Duncan on a recent post going over the big parts of the bill. So they may not make enough to be required to file taxes but there is most certainly a form for those people to get their check.

Only difference is on the right they are fighting for the American people. On the left fighting only for themselves and power.
If you really believe that anyone in Washington is actually fighting for the American people, then I have some oceanfront property in Kansas that is ripe for the pickings. Just for you. Special deal. PM me.

Last edited:

Even thought that isn't true, it still wouldn't be "sad". Nothing lost, nothing gain is an end result that is a lot better than many people will have.

Reactions: BlueCord86
If you really believe that anyone in Washington is actually fighting for the American people, then I have some oceanfront property in Kansas that is ripe for the pickings. Just for you. Special deal. PM me.
Wish I was as smart as you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT