ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky just faked another injury on back to back plays to end the game

May 10, 2016
Gilbert, SC
Why would u fake an injury on offense? When u let the play clock run down past 25 seconds then fake an injury. The play clock resets to 25 seconds and the game clock runs when the play clock resets. The fact no one noticed this speaks volumes

Reactions: jeff2001
Why would u fake an injury on offense? When u let the play clock run down past 25 seconds then fake an injury. The play clock resets to 25 seconds and the game clock runs when the play clock resets. The fact no one noticed this speaks volumes
I noticed it 7 seconds it took from us… doesn’t matter now but it could’ve

It didn't matter. The last two times Kentucky had the ball they ran it right up the gullet when USC knew without question they were going to run it. And in that stretch they got the first down that ended it anyway. Its a non factor

Reactions: F-86F
Actually, Rodriguez took a helmet to helmet hit and was stunned. I thought the hit was hard enough to cause a concussion. Was not a fake on offense. The one on defense was a fake, in my opinion

they did show video on one of the replays of the kentucky player looking to the sidelines to the coaches before falsely going down with a leg "injury" to stop momentum and get a review, two plays later the same player came in and made a sack

I noticed it. They allowed about an extra 15 seconds to run off. Shady. That one fake cramp should have been penalized. He looked at the sideline and fell down. Two plays later, he was juking a player to get a sack.

That being said, it wouldn't have mattered. The D was done at that point.

he came in the next play and ran it for a first down
The clock stopped when he left the field. Our #5 came in while the clock was stopped. #5 then left the field and #24 came back in. I will have to rewatch the game to get a better understanding of what the sequence of events that took place. I still believe #24 had his head down when running the ball and took a hit to the helmet that momentarily stunned him. He did not fake an injury. Number #14 is another story. He was faking an injury to slow SC tempo

Reactions: Bleadgandb3334
Which is worse? No one on our sideline noticed, or they did notice (which I haven’t heard a single report saying anything about suspect “injuries” from our staff) and didn’t say anything about it?
How do you know no one noticed? Just because there was no flag doesn’t mean we didn’t notice.

I thought it was pretty wild they didn't review the catch we had when the UK player very clear faked an injury to stall for a review. It looked like the ball probably hit the turf. With how quick they review almost any close, I was surprised that one wasn't looked at more closely.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT