ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky VS. Clemson all time record

BigTomE

May 5, 2015
Johns Island, SC
http://www.mcubed.net/ncaaf/series/clem/ky.shtml

Since Clemson loves to talk about all time records... they're all time record vs. Kentucky is 5-8. It's amusing to listen to them predict a "coot" butt whooping prior to each game, then listen to them dismiss our opponents after we win. They all talk about UK being a basketball school and how the football program sucks, yet Clemson is 5-8 all time vs. Kentucky.

I don't follow? Does Clemson or USC play Duke tomorrow? The last time we played them was in 1991... Clemson hasn't played UK in years, but Dabo was on staff the last two times the teams met (1-1). You're stretching... You're argument is basically I know we are but what are you?

I don't follow? Does Clemson or USC play Duke tomorrow? The last time we played them was in 1991... Clemson hasn't played UK in years, but Dabo was on staff the last two times the teams met (1-1). You're stretching... You're argument is basically I know we are but what are you?
Exactly...it was basically a jab...calling you out for the same thing you were calling out CU...having a losing record to a subpar team. Didn't know they had to be playing this weekend.

Exactly...it was basically a jab...calling you out for the same thing you were calling out CU...having a losing record to a subpar team. Didn't know they had to be playing this weekend.

I created the thread because many Clemson fans on social media are bad mouthing UK. I think it's funny that Clemson fans always bring up the all time record between USC/Clemson as evidence of Clemson's dominance. But the same fans bad mouth Kentucky even though Clemson is 5-8 against them all time. It's also funny that Clemson fans consider Louisville to be better than Kentucky, even though Kentucky beat them last season.

I created the thread because many Clemson fans on social media are bad mouthing UK. I think it's funny that Clemson fans always bring up the all time record between USC/Clemson as evidence of Clemson's dominance. But the same fans bad mouth Kentucky even though Clemson is 5-8 against them all time. It's also funny that Clemson fans consider Louisville to be better than Kentucky, even though Kentucky beat them last season.
Alot of people other than Clemson fans thought this.

My god, I thought I had seen it all. Are we really trying to pick on Clemson for having an all-time losing record (13 total games!) against Kentucky? They just won the freaking national championship!!!

This'll be a pleasant conversation...
"Ha Ha! You guys have a losing record against Kentucky!"
"Yeah, but we just won the national championship for the 2nd time."
"But... but... Kentucky!"
"Go win a title, then we'll talk."

Am I missing something here? Why the hell do some of our fans want to pick a fight with such small ammunition? They can run circles around us on football accomplishments!

To the OP, what's the old saying? "Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Clemson is stupid because they decided to troll Ohio State during the KENT STATE game. I still can't do the mental gymnastics it takes to be a tater fan.

Reactions: SwampFox99
Funny thing on this board...
If something bad is said about Tater tech, posters come running to defend them

If something bad is brought to light about USC, posters come in to jump on the bashing and wagon.

Lol

I dont know what Clemson fans are saying or not saying, but Kentucky really isnt very good. That much is true. On the other hand, everyone has to play their Boston Colleges and Wakes and KUs and Vanderbilts. Just the way it is. Not sure what the big deal is on either side. Yeah, its just Kentucky, no mountain to climb there. Next week CU has Boston College. Get over it.

Clemsin is always worth making fun of......besides, we beat UK and the Taters that season the bowl clip was from. Great trick play from our game with them. RIP Kenny, and RIP OJ Murdock seen near the end.

Funny thing on this board...
If something bad is said about Tater tech, posters come running to defend them

If something bad is brought to light about USC, posters come in to jump on the bashing and wagon.

Lol

I've never bashed our program or our players or our coaches. I'll support them and cheer them on as long as they keep their noses clean and do their best in representing us.

Who I WILL bash are those who make stupid comments that make Gamecocks look like morons, i.e. ripping on a program that has, unfortunately, had a lot more success than our own. Maybe by bashing these posters I can knock some sense into them so they won't embarrass themselves.

GO COCKS!

My god, I thought I had seen it all. Are we really trying to pick on Clemson for having an all-time losing record (13 total games!) against Kentucky? They just won the freaking national championship!!!

This'll be a pleasant conversation...
"Ha Ha! You guys have a losing record against Kentucky!"
"Yeah, but we just won the national championship for the 2nd time."
"But... but... Kentucky!"
"Go win a title, then we'll talk."

Am I missing something here? Why the hell do some of our fans want to pick a fight with such small ammunition? They can run circles around us on football accomplishments!

To the OP, what's the old saying? "Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

This thread was started in response to the many house taters posting on several threads about UK being such a weak opponent. Obviously all time records are important to Clemson fans since they never miss an opportunity to point it out to a USC fan. I just think it's funny that they bad mouth a team that has beaten them more times than not. They act like UK has historically been a lousy program, yet their head to head really record is what it is.

Last edited:
I dont know what Clemson fans are saying or not saying, but Kentucky really isnt very good. That much is true. On the other hand, everyone has to play their Boston Colleges and Wakes and KUs and Vanderbilts. Just the way it is. Not sure what the big deal is on either side. Yeah, its just Kentucky, no mountain to climb there. Next week CU has Boston College. Get over it.

UK beat Louisville last season and all of a sudden UK is garbage and Louisville is great? I understand it was last season and UK lost players, but did anyone expect UK to beat Louisville last season?
The taters predicted USC would get killed by NC State. We won. Taters response? NC State sucks. Then they predicted that we couldn't stop Missouri's offense. We won. Taters response? Missouri sucks. Going into the UK game they've skipped straight to "UK sucks".

Reactions: lostcock
I've never bashed our program or our players or our coaches. I'll support them and cheer them on as long as they keep their noses clean and do their best in representing us.

Who I WILL bash are those who make stupid comments that make Gamecocks look like morons, i.e. ripping on a program that has, unfortunately, had a lot more success than our own. Maybe by bashing these posters I can knock some sense into them so they won't embarrass themselves.

GO COCKS!

So, I say something you disagree with and you respond with name calling? I'm stupid, a moron, and embarrassing?

Very mature of you. You can disagree without the insults.

Who needs taters with fellow Gamecock fans like this?

Last edited:
So, I say something you disagree with and you respond with name calling? I'm stupid, a moron, and embarrassing?

Very mature of you. You can disagree without the insults.

Who needs taters with fellow Gamecock fans like this?

If you want to nitpick, I said your COMMENT was stupid and it makes you LOOK like a moron. But I do stand by the fact that you're embarrassing yourself by trying to use Kentucky (or any other team, for that matter) as a dig against Clemson football.

BTW, you can disagree with everything Clemson-related, but "tater" is an insult. :>)

Sorry if I offended you. Let's get back to ripping on our opponents rather than our own, but let's think before we speak. Clemson, with 2 National titles, has the (and I hate to use the term) trump card over us in football.

GO COCKS!

If you want to nitpick, I said your COMMENT was stupid and it makes you LOOK like a moron. But I do stand by the fact that you're embarrassing yourself by trying to use Kentucky (or any other team, for that matter) as a dig against Clemson football.

BTW, you can disagree with everything Clemson-related, but "tater" is an insult. :>)

Sorry if I offended you. Let's get back to ripping on our opponents rather than our own, but let's think before we speak. Clemson, with 2 National titles, has the (and I hate to use the term) trump card over us in football.

GO COCKS!

Agree with some of this. Disagree with some of this.

Go Cocks!

You have a point, all those loses in the 20s and 30s are super embarrassing to them. Solid burn

We aren't a program that needs to be bringing up all-time records. We just need to get better right now. History is not our friend.

We aren't a program that needs to be bringing up all-time records. We just need to get better right now. History is not our friend.
I (understandably) would argue history, other than the recent (last 4-6 years) is nothing more than that. College football fans are too in love with history. Teams of years gone by aren't taking the field today, and to suppose that they are only benefits teams on the rise. I am pretty confident this will be demonstrated again tonight in Lexington.

Since Clemson loves to talk about all time records... they're all time record vs. Kentucky is 5-8. It's amusing to listen to them predict a "coot" butt whooping prior to each game, then listen to them dismiss our opponents after we win. They all talk about UK being a basketball school and how the football program sucks, yet Clemson is 5-8 all time vs. Kentucky.
All boils down to who has the winning hand. Right now it's Clemson, their turn to run out, by Walmart t shirts and paw license tags and talk trash about us. All that will end. Won't last forever. Few years ago shoe on other foot. Everything cycles. Even Bama will lose dominance in the SEC eventually.

OP, don't let Bama talk trash about your game with La Tech this week. They have an all-time losing record against La Tech. Give those Bama fans hell if you get the W! LOL

All boils down to who has the winning hand. Right now it's Clemson, their turn to run out, by Walmart t shirts and paw license tags and talk trash about us. All that will end. Won't last forever. Few years ago shoe on other foot. Everything cycles. Even Bama will lose dominance in the SEC eventually.
You said it would end this year. Guess there's still time for them to go 4-8...

And I might add, that one loss was to "one-year coach" Richard Bell in 1982.

For the life of me I can't understand why so many of our fans put so much weight on what Clemson fans say, or for that matter go on their message boards.

So their fans go on their message boards and talk up Clemson, meanwhile in other news the sun rose in the east this morning

Clemson is stupid because they decided to troll Ohio State during the KENT STATE game. I still can't do the mental gymnastics it takes to be a tater fan.
Why would you NOT want to troll Ohio State? Are you an OSU fan or something? That fanbase deserves every bit of disdain the rest of the country is willing to give them.

Reactions: johnnohj
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT