ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Durant & 3 Other Brooklyn Nets Test Positive for COVID

Lest they think they are invulnerable, you suppose?

No doubt.....And to some degree they are - armed with the good supply of stem cells and heightened mitochondrial function of youth. Very few kids have been impacted in any country so far. However, they can serve as "no symptom" active carriers.

You know what, why should their cases be publicized to a greater extent than your or mine? What does that accomplish?

Additional validation that the NBA, NCAA and individual conferences made the right decision to pull the plug last week. Sharing a basketball with nine other sweaty people seems to be a good way to pick up the virus.

Reactions: Wiles2
Where you see nobleness. I see clickbait in the Tom Hanks/Rita Wilson vein.

Perhaps it is helpful. Apparently in order to help decrease the length and severity of the pandemic, we need about 300+ million people in this country to do roughly the same things (social distancing, hand washing, etc.) for an extended period of time.

There’s still a lot of folks, including a very prominent leader and his fawning and influential news network (until two days ago when it abruptly changed), who don’t take it seriously and think it’s a hoax and want to blame the messenger. So, if even a few of these people are reached through celebrity culture, so be it. Every little bit helps.

You know what, why should their cases be publicized to a greater extent than yours or mine? What does that accomplish?
Absolutely, I've wondered from the beginning about this. I think it pisses me off but I'm not sure.o_O

Reactions: king ward
Absolutely, I've wondered from the beginning about this. I think it pisses me off but I'm not sure.o_O
Maybe because some people idolize celebrities and think, oh well if they have the virus and they're fine I will be too. Not saying that's correct thinking, but I can see people thinking that way. I know once I was on a plane with a celebrity and I thought, well no way this plane will crash now. Stupid, I know but it made me feel better.

Perhaps it is helpful. Apparently in order to help decrease the length and severity of the pandemic, we need about 300+ million people in this country to do roughly the same things (social distancing, hand washing, etc.) for an extended period of time.

There’s still a lot of folks, including a very prominent leader and his fawning and influential news network (until two days ago when it abruptly changed), who don’t take it seriously and think it’s a hoax and want to blame the messenger. So, if even a few of these people are reached through celebrity culture, so be it. Every little bit helps.
I think the updated world maps, statistics, and other matrices that are on every news site convey the message graphically and sufficiently. At least they do for me. Puffing the celebrity cases as a precaution promotion, if it ever carried any value at all, has run its course. We're in the soup now. And we also were yesterday when this story broke. JMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Expro19
I think the updated world maps, statistics, and other matrices that are on every news site convey the message graphically and sufficiently. At least they do for me. Puffing the celebrity cases as a precaution promotion, if it ever carried any value at all, has run its course. We're in the soup now. And we also were yesterday when this story broke. JMO.

From a sample size perspective: the number of high profile people (politicians, celebrities, sporting etc) who are announcing testing positive, in relation to the "relatively" small number of confirmed total cases, suggests that the real number of infections is likely magnitudes higher than what is currently being reported.

From a sample size perspective: the number of high profile people (politicians, celebrities, sporting etc) who are announcing testing positive, in relation to the "relatively" small number of confirmed total cases, suggests that the real number of infections is likely magnitudes higher than what is currently being reported.
Any thinking person should have been able to surmise that.

Reactions: Expro19
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT