ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk Douglas dead at 103 years old. Great Actor - RIP***

Not sad, because he had such a long and full life, and they always come to an end. Thank you Kirk, for the years of entertainment. I hope you are finally at peace. Good job, you've earned the rest. RIP.

Go look up movie star in the dictionary and his picture would be there! Spartacus is tops, but aways loved The bad and the beautiful!

Last edited:
We were talking about actors at work today. I was having trouble coming up with names of contemporary actors (or at least those still living and acting) with the ability of some of these guys like Kirk Douglas who have passed.

One name that came up was Daniel Day-Lewis. I wouldn't put Harrison Ford in the same category, but he's close. Tom Hanks would be another one. (though I can't see him in a movie like Spartacus.)

Robert Redford?
Brad Pitt? (nah)
Joaquin Phoenix?
Tom Skerritt?
Ed Harris
Michael Caine
Robert Duvall

We were talking about actors at work today. I was having trouble coming up with names of contemporary actors (or at least those still living and acting) with the ability of some of these guys like Kirk Douglas who have passed.

One name that came up was Daniel Day-Lewis. I wouldn't put Harrison Ford in the same category, but he's close. Tom Hanks would be another one. (though I can't see him in a movie like Spartacus.)

Robert Redford?
Brad Pitt? (nah)
Joaquin Phoenix?
Tom Skerritt?
Ed Harris
Michael Caine
Robert Duvall
George Clooney sticks out to me. When he plays a role, I don't think of it as Clooney playing a character, but as the character. Much like Tom Hanks. Maybe you disagree, but Brad Pitt has had his moments too.

OldWiseCock said:

Robert Redford?
Brad Pitt? (nah)
Joaquin Phoenix?
Tom Skerritt?
Ed Harris
Michael Caine
Robert Duvall

George Clooney sticks out to me. When he plays a role, I don't think of it as Clooney playing a character, but as the character. Much like Tom Hanks. Maybe you disagree, but Brad Pitt has had his moments too.
[/quote]
Clooney is a wacko

Yes, Clooney is a good one. Matt Damon is another one. Brad has had some moments, but I can't take anyone too seriously who was in a zombie movie.

Morgan Freeman also comes to mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT