ADVERTISEMENT

Klempson is treating the citadel...

NooNoo

Jan 27, 2002
...the way they should be treated. Here is to hoping that we don’t do what we always seem to...play down to our competition. No crappy offense today please. Building a lead like that is how you get other players in and build depth and experience. Wofford should be drubbed today but i suspect that we will mess around and play ugly. Hope not.

Practicing and playing GT every year helps playing the Citadel option offense . It hurts when you only play it once a year and it's with a D2 OOC team, as you know the players probably don't take it serious enough.

The scary thing is our offense has stunk it up against bad defenses, Clemson is averaging 15ppg on defense. If we couldn't easily hang 40 on a team that's long ago quit (Florida) then where are the points going to come from against Clemson?

Reactions: griffgolf
Bryant is passing pretty well. Had a TD dropped to wide open TE and almost had another. Couple of dropped balls. Need to hope he isn't throwing well next week and maybe D can ride the line to stop the run.

They look like they are the love child of an eggplant, a pack of sprees, prince, and Barney the dinosaur.

If you give Clemson any credit or speak the truth about the Gamecocks some old grump calls me a tater so i wanted to share the love lol
I know! I'm a realist and have heard it before but I have seen them call you that plenty! That's why I got a chuckle! I knew what you were doing!

Furman put up 56 on them last week .
I spoke to a buddy that went to Citadel game and he said it was a full yr of bad luck in one game. Said Furman should have won but said the score was not accurate as to the actual game. I don't know if he was being a Citadel Homer or not?

Practicing and playing GT every year helps playing the Citadel option offense . It hurts when you only play it once a year and it's with a D2 OOC team, as you know the players probably don't take it serious enough.
Defense is ok but preparing for their defense has nothing to do with ga tech. Our offense, much like champs offensive history, stinks.

Defense is ok but preparing for their defense has nothing to do with ga tech. Our offense, much like champs offensive history, stinks.
Yeah, I was really just suggesting that Clemson has to practice for this type of offense every year for a pretty good option coach. This gives them an advantage over Gamecocks who only have to practice for it every other year on average but against a D2 school therefore the players probably don't take it serious enough. It is a tricky scheme if you don't have respect for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT