ADVERTISEMENT

Kornblut: Herman still Ray's target

I think the key phrase with respect to Herman is that nothing has been told USC by Tom Herman "or his representative" that would incline Carolina to think Herman has withdrawn.

But Korn's less adamant about it than he was before. Just saying pretty much no one has told him otherwise. I still can't see enough smoke to be convinced of the fire. But I hope it's there. If he was target #1, he'll be a good get. If he fades away, we're looking at Fedora and beyond him, I don't know.

Some clammy has-been HS offense coach like Morris? Bleh!!!

But Korn's less adamant about it than he was before. Just saying pretty much no one has told him otherwise. I still can't see enough smoke to be convinced of the fire. But I hope it's there. If he was target #1, he'll be a good get. If he fades away, we're looking at Fedora and beyond him, I don't know.

Some clammy has-been HS offense coach like Morris? Bleh!!!
Fedora might become the optimum for us.

Herman doesn't want this job. He may end up taking it...just to try to win in the SEC and use it as a stepping stone.

I still say keep Elliot because he wants THIS job and he'd do it for less money and thus open up cash for coordinators......throw the bank at now former UGA DC Jeremy Pruitt....and the best OC money can buy.

Reactions: gamecock ed
Herman doesn't want this job. He may end up taking it...just to try to win in the SEC and use it as a stepping stone.

I still say keep Elliot because he wants THIS job and he'd do it for less money and thus open up cash for coordinators......throw the bank at now former UGA DC Jeremy Pruitt....and the best OC money can buy.

ummmmm no.

Reactions: G-C-Gamecock
I still think it's Herman,,he hasn't came out publicly and said he wasn't interested,,he down played it to his players but he is supposed too,,I'm sure he has a bonus in his contract for winning the division and conference championship,,he wants there full focus,,remember Ray said from the get go it would be the 2nd week in Dec,,knowing his top 2 Herman and Smart would likely be in there conference championship game

When it's all said and done, Herman will be our coach.

Ray Tanner isn't that stupid to allow this much time to go by without having a coach Ray to go after the season.

When it's all said and done, Herman will be our coach.

Ray Tanner isn't that stupid to allow this much time to go by without having a coach Ray to go after the season.
I've been out of the loop a little because of Thanksgiving. Did Herman take his name out of the pot or not? I read a little on here a couple of days ago and it looked like he was no longer a possibility. And now I see this new news from Kornblut. Is Herman really a candidate at this point?

I've been out of the loop a little because of Thanksgiving. Did Herman take his name out of the pot or not? I read a little on here a couple of days ago and it looked like he was no longer a possibility. And now I see this new news from Kornblut. Is Herman really a candidate at this point?

Tom Herman never took his name off the list. He told his players that he just killed the talk of South Carolina job until after the seasons is over.

Tom Herman never took his name off the list. He told his players that he just killed the talk of South Carolina job until after the seasons is over.
Thanks. I think I read somewhere that his wife didn't like Columbia and that's why he removed himself from consideration. You never know what you're getting on these boards. It's hard to sift through the bs if you miss a week or so like I just did.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
How do you feel about Herman? I mean, how would you feel if all this intrigue weren't going on?
I obviously can't prove this but I posted on my Facebook page that I wanted him right after we lost to Kentucky.

Well, TM on TOS (a/k/a the Wizard of Oz) says we're rapidly approaching the point where it will be announced that negotiations with Herman have ceased. Wow, he really went out on a limb there! I hope Kornblut is correct for a number of reasons, not the least of which is I want Herman above all. But, at least Kornblut makes an unqualified statement.

Thanks. I think I read somewhere that his wife didn't like Columbia and that's why he removed himself from consideration. You never know what you're getting on these boards. It's hard to sift through the bs if you miss a week or so like I just did.

Don't think they ever came to Columbia, Tanner has been in Houston or somewhere in Texas meeting with Tom Herman.

I read a report that Ray Tanner has had Tom Herman on his radar for couple years before he took a job in Houston.

And has met with Tom Herman several times in the since the end of 2013.

Reactions: TheReelEss
Well, TM on TOS (a/k/a the Wizard of Oz) says we're rapidly approaching the point where it will be announced that negotiations with Herman have ceased. Wow, he really went out on a limb there! I hope Kornblut is correct for a number of reasons, not the least of which is I want Herman above all. But, at least Kornblut makes an unqualified statement.
Korn can be correct in saying that no one has told his source(s) any different even if Herman is not coming here. But no news is good news. If it were not so, it would have been easy for Herman to say so and crush the rumor entirely.

I've seen TM and TOS referenced multiple times. Just what is TOS and who is TM?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT