ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Davis dismissed from Auburn

Gradstudent

Feb 11, 2006
A former commit under Spurrier who jumped on us when we offered early and then dropped us when the offers started rolling in. A bust so far it would seem

In his 18-game career at Auburn, Davis had 19 receptions for 459 yards and two touchdowns.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...e-davis-dismissed-football-program/771926001/

AUBURN — Auburn sophomore wide receiver Kyle Davis has been dismissed from the football program.

Coach Gus Malzahn announced the news at his weekly news conference Tuesday morning, days after confirming the 6-foot-2 receiver did not make the trip to LSU for what the fifth-year coach called a situation “between him and me.”

Davis, a former five-star prospect, is the third Auburn player to leave since the season opener. Auburn has lost 14 players by transfer or dismissal since the end of the 2016 season.

Malzahn said Davis was dismissed for “breaking team rules” and refused to give further details.

“Anytime as a head coach a player has to be dismissed, that hurts,” Malzahn said. “We've got a lot of great kids. Anytime that happens, it's just another opportunity for someone else. So that's the way I look at it.”

Quarterback Sean White was dismissed last month after being arrested on a public intoxication charge. A day later, defensive lineman Byron Cowart was granted his dismissal.

Davis missed the entire spring workouts due to what Malzahn called “a personal matter,” and the wide receiver was one of three players suspended for the season opener against Georgia Southern for a violation of team rules.

“Anytime as a head coach a player has to be dismissed, that hurts.”

Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn on the dismissal of WR Kyle Davis on Oct. 17, 2017.
In his 18-game career at Auburn, Davis had 19 receptions for 459 yards and two touchdowns.

Davis is one of six players in Auburn’s 2016 recruiting class, which was ranked No. 8 in the nation according to Rivals.com, to leave the program since last spring.

image.png

He knows what he signed up for.

Who takes Auburn's rejects? Do they become infinitely recursive?

Reactions: DC-99
The ship is sinking quickly in the plains . Folks are Not a wee bit happy about the Meltdown In Baton Rouge . Funny how quickly the hot seat went from Coach O to Malzahn in 30 minutes to football .

The ship is sinking quickly in the plains . Folks are Not a wee bit happy about the Meltdown In Baton Rouge . Funny how quickly the hot seat went from Coach O to Malzahn in 30 minutes to football .
You can't run the offense he's trying to run with the type of quarterback he's trying to run it with. This is his third year trying to replace Nick Marshall with misfits. Malzahn is in trouble.

Did anybody think Malzahn was a good hire when it happened? I certainly did not, and the biggest Auburn fan I know was also unhappy with the decision.

Did anybody think Malzahn was a good hire when it happened? I certainly did not, and the biggest Auburn fan I know was also unhappy with the decision.
I thought it was very questionable but he and Cam had that one magical season where they piled up a bunch of points and yards and I guess that carried a bunch of weight. I don't think he's a terrible coach but I don't see him lasting much longer

I thought it was very questionable but he and Cam had that one magical season where they piled up a bunch of points and yards and I guess that carried a bunch of weight. I don't think he's a terrible coach but I don't see him lasting much longer
He's a good coach, a fine offensive technician, but he doesn't have all the right pieces now to do what he's doing. I guess it's what he knows.

Malzahn was the hot coach at the time. I thought if he hired good DC's (and he did) he would be successful. I was wrong.

You can't run the offense he's trying to run with the type of quarterback he's trying to run it with. This is his third year trying to replace Nick Marshall with misfits. Malzahn is in trouble.

I totally agree with you . That offense is 100% dependant on a super mobile QB . That Zone read that they rely on so much only works with a QB that can pull it and go 70 yards . Cam , Marshall , Remember Pat White at WVU ?? Without that threat teams can Key on the dive back .

Reactions: king ward
Really only one voice used to count. A banker trustee from Montgomery. He's the one who had the President of Aubbie fuel the school plane to interview a coach when the aubbies already had a coach. See Tommy T. Don't know if that trustee still has that sway over Aubbie athletics. Think his bank suffered in 2008. Anybody know if Bobby still rules?

Really only one voice used to count. A banker trustee from Montgomery. He's the one who had the President of Aubbie fuel the school plane to interview a coach when the aubbies already had a coach. See Tommy T. Don't know if that trustee still has that sway over Aubbie athletics. Think his bank suffered in 2008. Anybody know if Bobby still rules?
Bobby Lowder. No longer a trustee. Colonial Bank failed. And I think the coach in place at the time was Terry Bowden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT