ADVERTISEMENT

Kyle Trask vs LSU - Pressure stats vs no pressure according to SECStatCat

Oct 19, 2012
When pressured:

10/14, 133 yards. 5 inaccurate passes (36% inaccurate), 2 of which were uncatchable. 3 passes "interceptable" (21%). 2 sacks. 7 first downs. 9.1 average yards to gain. 5.7 blockers, on average.

Success rate - 71%

When unpressured:

13/25, 177 yards. 14 inaccurate passes (56% inaccurate), 5 of which were uncatchable. 2 passes "interceptable" (8%). 0 sacks. 10 first downs. 8.0 average yards to gain. 5.9 blockers, on average.

Success rate - 52%

I thought this was a pretty interesting breakdown. Trask was actually better, on average, against pressure, but he was more likely to make a big mistake (intecerptable percentage) and obviously more likely to get sacked.

Seems a bit counterintuitive to the "blitz blitz blitz" mantra

Reactions: PC31
When pressured:

10/14, 133 yards. 5 inaccurate passes (36% inaccurate), 2 of which were uncatchable. 3 passes "interceptable" (21%). 2 sacks. 7 first downs. 9.1 average yards to gain. 5.7 blockers, on average.

Success rate - 71%

When unpressured:

13/25, 177 yards. 14 inaccurate passes (56% inaccurate), 5 of which were uncatchable. 2 passes "interceptable" (8%). 0 sacks. 10 first downs. 8.0 average yards to gain. 5.9 blockers, on average.

Success rate - 52%

I thought this was a pretty interesting breakdown. Trask was actually better, on average, against pressure, but he was more likely to make a big mistake (intecerptable percentage) and obviously more likely to get sacked.

Interesting, wonder what is looks like since he took over?

Reactions: GoFightWinKickA$$
Trask also throw 2 very costly INTS at end of that ballgame.. bother on potential scoring drives, one cost UF points, the other ended the game.

Stats from 1 game are a very small sample size. I know Trask has only played in a few games, so there isn't that much to go on, but I'd be curious to see those results from all games.

When pressured:

Success rate - 71%

When unpressured:

Success rate - 52%

I watched the game and at least 4 of those pressure throws were at or behind the line LOS. LSU did not play sound behind the blitz and the receiver got the 1st down with his legs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT